Warehouse Associate/Material Handler - Full Time, M-F (First Shift)
- Job Title
- Warehouse Associate/Material Handler - Full Time, M-F (First Shift)
- Job ID
- Kent, WA 98032
- Other Location
We’re hiring a Distribution Center Associate/Material Handler for our Kent, WA Distribution Center - $1000 Sign on Bonus!!
OmniCable is a trusted redistributor of specialty wire and cable to electrical wholesalers and is staffed with the most experienced professionals in the industry. Our distribution centers are small and closed to the public. Our environments are safe and we have implemented CDC compliant standards to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Team members truly care about each other and are committed to keep families safe during these challenging times.
Currently, we are seeking a dedicated Distribution Center Associate/Material Handler to join our team. In this role, your primary responsibility will be operating production equipment within the Distribution Center/Warehouse, either a Rim Drive or a Respooler that assists in cutting wire to a predetermined length. Besides cutting wire, an associate could also be asked to perform other standard order fulfillment tasks in the Distribution Center/Warehouse
Distribution Center Associate/Material Handler Job Responsibilities:
- Material Handling Equipment (MHE): Operating a forklift/order picker for pulling and putting away stock, order processing, loading and unloading trailers.
- Receiving: Inspect inbound stock for quality, count, and type. Ensure purchase order, packing slip and bill of lading for receipt accuracy; Process stock through computer entry while preparing inventory for put-away.
- Shipping: Select shipping method based on best practices to meet company requirements and customer expectations; Prepare orders for both LTL and small parcel shipment; Verify shipments are packed properly and accurately to ensure customer satisfaction
- Value-Add services: Operate different value adding wire machinery within the DC for order fulfillment. Typical equipment used includes stripe/dye machines, wire stripper, twister and lashing equipment.
- General Housekeeping & Equipment Maintenance: Follow safety standards for the specific job including filling out required equipment checklists; Responsible for keeping Distribution Center/Warehouse clean and organized; Follow strict adherence to 5S Standards of the work area
Distribution Center Associate/Material Handler Job Requirements:
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Basic math skills
- High energy, dependability, and teamwork skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to bend, twist, lift and stand up to 8 hours a day. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Position may require working overtime or some weekends for additional compensation
- Work is performed in a distribution center/warehouse environment with fluctuating temperatures
- Experience within a Distribution Center/Warehouse is preferred but not required
- Exceptional Customer Experience
- Operational Excellence
- Superior Accuracy & Precision
- Partnership Services for Success
- Trusted By Distributors Since 1977
- Required Skills
• Authorization to work in the United States
• Minimum of 18 years of age
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
• Basic math skills
• High energy, dependability, and teamwork skills
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to bend, twist, lift and stand up to 8 hours a day. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Position may require working overtime or some weekends for additional compensation
• Work is performed in a distribution center/warehouse environment with fluctuating temperatures
• Experience within a Distribution Center/Warehouse is preferred but not required