Lumbee Tribe Holdings, Inc. (LTH) is a wholly owned and operated by the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina. Headquartered in Pembroke, NC in the heart of the Lumbee Territory, LTH serves as a holding company with multiple subsidiaries that service diverse federal agencies. The current subsidiaries include:
Lumbee Tribe Enterprises, LLC (All Other Support Services NAICS: 561990; DUNS #968936380; SBA 8(a) firm)
Lumbee IT Solutions, LLC (Engineering Services, NAICS: 541330; DUNS #117549596; SBA 8(a) firm)
Lumbee 56 Construction, LLC (Commercial and Institutional Building Construction, NAICS: 236220; DUNS #117549603)
LTH exists to provide economic resources to the Lumbee Tribal Government for delivery to our Tribal Members. All employees of LTH and its subsidiaries are committed to providing world class service to its customers and partners while striving for excellence.
Lumbee Tribe Holdings, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will provide equal employment opportunity to employees and applicants for employment and will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, military veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, genetic information, or mental or physical disability (and medical condition, for employees in California).
Human Resources Generalist
- Job Title
- Human Resources Generalist
- Job ID
- Pembroke, NC 28372
- Other Location
Human Resources Generalist III
The HR Generalist will have a broad knowledge of human resources functions, from hiring to onboarding and from employee compensation to evaluation. They will work closely with senior management and undertake a wide range of HR tasks, like organizing trainings, administering employee benefits, leaves of absences, and assisting with crafting HR policies. They will be responsible for maintaining the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. The goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations are running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
- Administer compensation and benefit plans, including claims resolution, mid-year changes, open enrollment, and communicating plans to employees in partnership with PEO
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes including: screening, interviewing candidates, reference/background checking, making recommendation to hire, coordinating with hiring managers
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and additional employee relations scenarios
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies, prepares and maintains the employee handbook
- Undertake tasks around performance management, assist managers in the performance evaluation process; including assistance with performance improvement plans and counseling efforts
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates, recommend new approaches to improve efficiency
- Maintain HRIS records and employee personnel files in electronic and paper form, compile reports from HRIS for senior management
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in an HR role
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems will be a plus
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
- Additional HR training will be a plus
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competences:
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Conflict Resolution - Encourages open communications; confronts difficult situations; maintains objectivity; keeps emotions under control; uses negotiation skills to resolve conflicts.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or related credential is a plus
Security Clearance Requirements
There is no clearance requirement for this position.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Travel is anticipated to be less than 10% within the Continental United States.
Deputy Vice President of Operations