- Job Title
- Contracts Administrator
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Direct Hire
- Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with a public transit service provider in Jacksonville, FL in their search for a Contracts Administrator
Under general supervision of the Director – Contracts, Purchasing & Inventory this position is responsible for the administrative support of Agency contracts ranging from products to services and construction.
- Administers and support the user department in contract monitoring, contract administration and contract compliance
- Responsible for ensuring that all parties are complicit with the terms of the contract as well as ensuring that all contracts abide by local and Federal laws
- Ensures all project records are accurate and up-to-date
- Review contract estimates, including proposal materials, production costs, etc. and determine whether they seem reasonable and accurate
- Develop contract letters and other communications and notices
- Assist in the negotiation of Contract Change Order(s)/Amendment(s) and contract term(s) while ensuring that projects remain within the established budget
- Attend meetings to assess progress on projects which are in motion, and take detailed minutes to share with stakeholders
- Create regular status reports regarding progress on projects for User Department use
- Prepare Contract Amendments and coordinate with Contract lead in Procurement for award and issuance
- Attend change order meetings and document Errors and Omissions determination for change orders presented
- Prepare overall contract and change order analysis as to progress of performance and budget analysis
- Assist with Purchase Order closeouts and Contract closeouts through collaboration with User Department and Procurement
- Assist with the review of vendor invoices submitted for User Department approval and assist with the preparation of the invoice payment package with the requisite
- Develops and prepares regular reports of the status of contracts
- Assists in maintaining the database for the contract management system.
- Makes site visits, as necessary, especially involving construction contracts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Law or a related a related field and a minimum of three years’ experience in contract management or procurement, preferably in the transportation field.
Professional certification or an MBA is preferred.
Degree requirements can be met through any combination of related college level coursework and additional years of appropriate professional experience.
- Optional Skills
• High ethical standards and values with ability to maintain confidentiality regarding audit issues and findings.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities, work under pressure and time constraints.
• Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change.
• Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately.
• Knowledge of operations, services and activities of contract negotiations and contract compliance.
• Knowledge of the law governing contracts.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local purchasing practices and procedure.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced functions in Microsoft Projects, Excel & Word including look-ups and pivot tables.
• Excellent time management, administrative and organization skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with sensitivity, passion and a focus on unity and equity.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work with diverse teams.
• Excellent listening skills using patience and empathy.
• Ability to use good judgement in making decisions in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and be detail-oriented.
• Has strong negotiation and mediation skills
• Possesses superior attention to detail in order to spot inconsistencies on contracts
• Has previous experience in customer service and strong communication skills
• Must have excellent analytical thinking skills and problem solving abilities
• Should exhibit strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work productively independently and as part of a team