Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
- Job Title
- Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Direct Hire
- Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with a public transit service provider in Jacksonville, FL in their search for a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst.
Summary of Job
Under the direct supervision of the Corporate Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager, this technically savvy accounting professional assists with the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Authority’s Financial Reporting function. Working with the manager and Controller, the Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for financial statement preparation, reporting and supporting analyses. This position assists with the development and maintenance of all departmental policies and procedures including those over Governmental Accounting and Financial Reporting. Also assists with monitoring reconciliations, performs technical accounting research and works with manager to ensure compliance with new and proposed accounting and standards and financial reporting policies applicable to the Authority.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Presents significant financial statement review findings to the Corporate Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager or Controller as needed.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly and year-end closing processes; including related analysis of accounting activities.
- Works with manager to review internal controls to minimize errors and verify data accuracy and assists with identifying cost saving opportunities.
- Responsible for developing efficient, effective and flexible solutions using Oracle E-Business Suite’s analytical tools to meet business requirements in reporting and automate various manual reporting functions performed by the accounting and finance department.
- Supports efforts to use technology to gain efficiencies, streamline and improve Accounting and Finance functions, including reporting.
- Assists manager in achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual goals and objectives of the Accounting and Finance Department including continuous review of the close process and business process re-engineering to reduce the time to close the financial period.
- Develops internal financial management and activity reports which assist the financial management team with finance and forecast decisions.
- Stays abreast of ‘best practices’ in accounting/finance, pronouncements, issuances or changes by or in GASB/FASB/GAAS and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) relevant to the Authority.
- Completes special projects including ad-hoc reports, responding to governmental required surveys and any other regulatory or managerial request for information as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A proven successful track record in governmental financial reporting.
- Comprehensive and solid understanding of governmental accounting principles and practices; Governmental Financial Reporting including Grants and Projects Accounting and related reporting requirements; Schedule of Expenditures of Federal and State Awards - SEFA & SESA.
- Ability to perform technical accounting research and analysis, and clearly document and communicate alternatives and conclusions.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, procedures, and processes governing the receipt, custody and expenditure of federal-, state- and locally-provided funds.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced functions in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; SharePoint administrator experience a plus.
- Knowledge of budget process, government appropriations and financial accounting systems, preferably in a transportation or government-related industry.
- Ability to set priorities, demonstrate flexibility and work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to generate and analyze complex reports.
- Ability to work collaboratively to enhance JTA’s reputation for excellence through best practices, reviews, accountability for performance and continuous improvement.
- Proven management ability encompassing the development and implementation of strategic goals and objectives and setting/evaluating priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with sensitivity, passion and a focus on unity and equity.
- Strong organizational, analytic and strategic-thinking skills with demonstrated ability to create, implement and monitor complex plans, and translate those plans into goals and concrete methods and strategies.
- A career track record that shows stability with an organization and the capacity to develop and nurture relationships that culminates in overall success.
- Required Skills
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or other closely related field. An MBA in the field of Finance, Accounting, Information systems or Auditing; CPA designation is a plus.
Big 4 Accounting firm experience desired with exposure to governmental financial reporting. A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in Financial Reporting; preferably at least 2 years of experience reporting to Accounting Manager or equivalent and responsible for Financial Reporting.
Proficiency with Oracle 11.5 or above is preferred.
Industry knowledge is preferred.
- Optional Skills
· Responsible for completing all mandatory training classes.
· Responsible for reviewing and complying with all JTA policies, procedures and directives.