Business Intelligence Developer
- Job Title
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Other Location
Under general direction from the Director – Business Intelligence, this position displays a strong aptitude in PowerBI deployment, data modeling, and executive level communication and works as a key member of an Agile BI team involved in all aspects of designing, developing and supporting PowerBI and data modeling products.
Essential Job Functions
·Create dashboards and interactive visual reports using PowerBi
·Strong ability to analyze data using SQL for reporting and data mining purposes
·Interview executive audiences to determine data visualization business requirements.
·Evaluate data visualizations and analytics requirements to determine efficient methods of implementation
·Development experience for data modeling projects using Python
·Ensure data integrity and assist with quality control of data flow from core operating systems to executive level dashboards
·Provide customer support and maintenance for existing data and visualization solutions.
·Develop PowerBI dashboards aligned with Cisco vision to provide externally facing reports for customer interaction
·Ability to interact with business partners in a remote work environment
·Has BI experience working with SSIS/SSAS/SSRS, Business Objects, Power BI and other technologies
·Has experience configuring ETL transformations and load pipelines using Azure Data Factory
·Has experience working multidimensional conventional and tabular cubes for different BI initiatives.
·Has experience working database schemas for several BI solutions.
·Tabular data mapping and Modelling in Visual studio SSDT sourced from the data warehouse.
Supervisory & Operational Authority
· Assign task and review work for developers and contractors
·Sit and or stand for prolonged periods.
·Perform repetitive motion.
- Required Skills
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field and a minimum of 5 years of related experience in data analytics and visualization using Microsoft PowerBi. An advanced degree is preferred.
· SQL Server 2019, Oracle, Data Analysis, Power BI, Azure DevOps
· Experience with Agile development processes, methodologies, and tools.
· Ability to remain acquainted with the latest Innovations in Data Analytics and Database frameworks.
· Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team with a minimum of technical supervision and supplemental engineering support while responding efficiently to multiple project priorities and deadlines.
· Ability to effectively communicate, in writing and verbally, with team members, as well as management and employees at all levels within the organization.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality,
· Strong research, creative solution making and problem solving ability.
· Ability to work evenings, weekends, and on-call as needed.
· Ability to work collaboratively to enhance reputation for excellence through best practices, reviews, accountability for performance and continuous improvement.
· Strong organizational, analytic and strategic-thinking skills with demonstrated ability to create, implement and monitor complex plans and translate those plans into goals and concrete methods and strategies.
· Must possess good time-management skills and be able to multi-task.
· A career track record that shows stability with an organization and the capacity to develop and nurture relationships that culminates into overall success.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a BI team.
· Ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Optional Skills
· Responsible for completing all mandatory training classes.
· Responsible for reviewing and complying with all policies, procedures and directives.