- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant
- Fresno, CA 93711
- Other Location
The Fresno Regional Workforce Development Board (FRWDB) seeks to fill an Administrative Assistant position. The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for providing clerical and administrative support, front desk coverage, scheduling meetings, composing reports and letters, processing internal documents, answering incoming calls, and other general office duties as assigned. Provides administrative support to Board committees, including preparation and distribution of the agenda package, room set up, note-taking, and minute preparation. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Senior Administrative Support Coordinator as full-time, nonexempt.
The Fresno Regional Workforce Development Board is a Joint Powers Authority between the City and County of Fresno, with a business-led model to help local organizations meet their workforce needs.
- Interacts in a helpful and courteous manner with the public, staff, service providers, and Board/Committee members.
- Provides vacation/sick relief for other members of the Administrative Unit.
- Under the direction of the Senior Administrative Support Coordinator provides administrative and clerical support to Fresno Area Workforce Investment Corporation (FAWIC) staff.
- Receives and routes incoming telephone calls promptly; greets visitors; notifies person(s) being visited. Provides information to the public regarding the agency’s services.
- Prepares letters, correspondence, and other documents, in compliance with standard office procedures utilizing standard templates where available.
- Prepares documents/packages for delivery via courier services or US Mail.
- Provides administrative support to various Committees/Councils of the FRWDB.
- Proofreads various documents for accuracy, completion, and conformity with established office procedures.
- Stays abreast of modern office procedures, use of office equipment; and proper use of the English language, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Processes, routes, and files documents and forms (hard copy and electronic), as well as mail.
- Schedules, coordinates, and sets up meetings and events (both in-person and online), as required.
- Provides administrative support to the management team and departments under the direction of the Senior Administrative Support Coordinator, which may include errands, such as the delivery of Board packets when needed.
- Assists with the organization’s social media platforms to promote public relations, training workshops, and programs.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 - 3 years of directly related work experience in an administrative capacity in the private or public sector, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, solid business office machine experience, and computer skills with Microsoft Office software; accurate keyboarding skills at 60 words per minute.
Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation; ability to accurately proofread and edit a variety of documents, and effectively work under pressure to produce quality results within tight time constraints. Must be able to take dictation and transcribe, compose letters, and represent the FRWDB in a professional manner.
Must have valid CA Driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance; high school diploma or GED; certificate from an accredited business or trade school may be considered in lieu of a portion of the work experience required.
- Required Skills
Exceptional oral and written communication skills
Typing 60 wpm accurately