Option 1: Create a New Profile
Foreman- Home Preservation
- Job Title
- Foreman- Home Preservation
- Job ID
- San Francisco, CA 94111
- Other Location
FOREMAN – HOME PRESERVATION
Pay Rate: $33.65/hr-$42.10/hr
What We Do
Come be part of the affordable, home-ownership movement! Join us and make an impact on people’s lives! Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco believes in the power of homeownership to create generational impact. To this end, we build homes for first-time homeowners and sustain homeownership by helping vulnerable homeowners to retain their home as an asset for generations to come.
Joining Habitat for Humanity Greater SF’s Home Preservation program at a time of rapid growth and increasing impact, the Foreman works with a team including the Production Manager, apprentices, and volunteers to complete quality repairs and improvements for low-income homeowners, including vulnerable seniors, who lack access to conventional means to make these critical investments. Reporting to the Production Manager, the Foreman will be directly responsible for completing assigned home repair and rehab activities. Key aspects of this role include executing on quality repair and rehab work, maintaining safe and organized job sites, directing, and overseeing site activities of volunteers and apprentices, and delivering excellent customer service to our homeowners.
Project Execution (80%)
- Creates and implements work plans for approved scopes of work, including procuring materials, mobilizing tools & equipment, communicating progress and resource needs to production manager, completing repair and rehab tasks according to industry standards and best practices.
- Makes responsible use of time and materials, minimizes waste, and evaluates job progress against schedule, communicating deviations to the production manager in a timely manner.
- Ensures safety and security of personnel and property by maintaining clean & orderly jobsites, vehicles, and storage spaces; following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Meets operational standards by completing daily job logs, safety logs & reporting, and other required recordkeeping, maintaining and submitting all receipts, invoices, timecards, etc., in a timely manner.
- Communicates regularly and effectively with customers, volunteers, supervisor, and co-workers, demonstrating respect and professionalism in all cases.
- Supports broader organization by occasionally supporting other activities such as renovations of Habitat-built homes, warranty work, org-wide meetings, and trainings, etc.
- Contributes to a positive work environment by participating in All-staff, department, and team meetings, trainings, and retreats as required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in construction, including repair and renovation
- Proven knowledge of best practices and developed skills in the following areas: Rough and finish carpentry, including fences, decks, stairs, windows, doors, roofing, waterproofing, painting
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and working directly with customers
- Excellent prioritization, organization, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using Procore a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Valid CA Class C driver’s license/ clean driving record and ability to drive large pickup trucks
- Must be able to pass background check (In accordance with state and county law: convictions do not necessarily rule out employment, it depends on the nature and severity of the conviction and is evaluated on a case-by-case basis, check is conducted on last 7 years only.)
Works in outside conditions that occasionally include inclement weather, heat, and humidity. Noise level will be loud at times. Work on heights required. Driving required to projects across San Mateo, San Francisco, and Marin Counties.
Must be able to move objects and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina, and the ability to lift and carry at least 60 pounds, go up and down stairs and ladders, and endure the full workday on their feet. Must be able to comprehend oral and written directives, initiatives, and complete assignments in a timely manner; including giving and receiving trainings, working as part of a team, and supporting volunteers. Must be able to recognize and respond to potential hazards based on both visual and auditory warning systems at all times.
Compensation for this role is competitive, DOE. This full-time position offers medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, employee assistance program (EAP), Flex Savings Account (FSA), 403b retirement account, commuter benefits, 20 paid vacation days, 3 front loaded sick days (accrue up to 72 hours per year), and 13 paid holidays.
EEO: Habitat Greater San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer. Habitat Greater San Francisco strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Habitat GSF receives federal funds through Self-Help Homeownership Opportunity Program (SHOP) and is required by federal law, to the greatest extent possible, to provide job training and employment opportunities to Section 3 residents. *Section 3 residents are defined as public housing residents or low-income persons who live in metropolitan area or non-metropolitan counties where HUD-assisted projects are located.
- Pay Range
- $33.65 Hourly to $42.10 Hourly