Technical Talent Development Specialist
- Job Title
- Technical Talent Development Specialist
- Job ID
- Omaha, NE 68138
- Other Location
The Technical Talent Development Specialist will be responsible for the development, coordination and facilitation of Caterpillar technical systems training to NMC technicians and Customers. As the Technical Talent Development Specialist, you’ll build and deliver technical training courses from foundational to advanced level that you’ll conduct in classroom, lab and online settings. The impact of your efforts will be far reaching as you will be responsible for continuously developing the skills and abilities of our technician workforce, the backbone of our company. You’ll conduct failure analysis testing where appropriate then be empowered to take the actions necessary to address and avoid future failures. At times, you will lead strategic projects that support company goals and objectives.
We’re looking for someone with a diesel technical background who can not only can troubleshoot, diagnose and repair diesel machinery, but who can also teach and develop others these critical job skills. You’ll need strong communication, presentation & time management skills and the ability to work independently. This position will ideally be located in our Omaha main office, but we’re open to other locations in Nebraska. Some travel is required.
- Facilitates learning in classroom, on-the-job and electronic settings, managing all aspects of the learning environment.
- Designs and develops training courses, including course content, instructor’s guides, training aids, handouts, hands-on activities and assessments. Revises existing courses and updates materials, based on changes in technology and equipment.
- Collaborates with product support management, technical communicators, manufacturer representatives, service managers, and branch managers to ensure training needs are being met and establish training objectives focusing on competencies and increased productivity and business unit goals.
- Coordinates class rosters, schedules, equipment, facilities and evaluation data related to courses delivered and other activities related to area of expertise and utilizes the CAT Dealer Performance Center (DPC) and SuccessFactors (SF) learning management system.
- Keeps current on specific areas of expertise, to remain a subject-matter expert within area of specialization; participates in independent study, coursework and on-the-job activities relevant to area of specialty, including one-on-one consultation with active technicians.
- Lead projects that align with company strategic initiative and goals.
- Act as subject matter expert of Applied Failure Analysis for the NMC Group of Companies.
- May perform other duties as required and assigned.
- We are interested in knowing the nuts and bolts of who you are, so tell us about your proud moments and accomplishments that got you to where you are today.
- Tell us about your technical training experiences.
- Let us know how your background aligns with this position’s responsibilities.
We expect you will find the following at Enova:
- Autonomy to develop innovative methods and solutions; do what works for the customers you serve.
- Stability within an 80 year enterprise; our business offerings are so diverse, we aren’t going away anytime soon.
- Amazing Culture and People (and we don’t just say it, we prove it! – internal promotions are our #1 source of hires and we’ve earned recent accolades such as Omaha’s Business Excellence and Integrity awards.).
- Flexibility to be you - we won’t put you in a box; we will give you the resources and flexibility to be excellent.
- Medical (and FSA/HSA plans), Dental, Vision Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Match
- Tuition Reimbursement and In-house Training Dept.
- Paid Military Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Safety Glasses and Boot Program
Enova is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions. Enova Group, LLC. shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.