Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
Clinical Observation Unit Team Leader (Charge RN) Nights
- Job Title
- Clinical Observation Unit Team Leader (Charge RN) Nights
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75237
- Other Location
Clinical Observation Unit Clinical Team Leader (Charge RN) job, CDU, Full-Time, Nights, Methodist Charlton Hospital
Methodist Charlton Medical Center is seeking an experienced Clinical Team Leader, Registered Nurse to join our Clinical ObservationTeam. This is for a full-time job opportunity.
The Clinical Team Leader performs direct patient care as the charge nurse and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment.
Clinical Observation Unit Team Leader Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing: BSN required
- Completion of charge nurse training and competencies.
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
- Clinical Course Certifications (BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP, etc.) consistent with RN requirements for specific clinical area.
- Advanced Specialty Certification or agreement to obtain within 2 years (CCRN, CEN, RNC, etc.)
- Provides front-line leadership and decision-making for departmental staff, ensuring the quality and integrity of care delivered.
- Develops a plan for unit staffing based on patient acuity/care needs and oversees day-to-day operations on the designated shift.
- Monitors workflow and adjusts staffing accordingly to support fiscal goals of the unit.
- Coordinates and facilitates efficient patient flow for the unit. Ensures timely and efficient pull of patients being admitted to the unit as well as timeliness of discharging patients from the unit.
- Assists the manager in achieving and sustaining department and organizational objectives including but not limited to patient experience, length of stay, and unit/patient-specific quality measures.
- Participates in department-specific initiatives and process improvement projects.
- Participates in peer interviews and provides feedback for employee evaluations as requested by manager.
- Assists with occurrence investigations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Charlton Medical Center is a 301-bed, full-service, teaching hospital that serves the communities of Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Duncanville, and Lancaster in southwestern Dallas County. With a new 40,000-square-foot, $71 million emergency department expansion in process, our busy, growing hospital features a newly renovated intensive care unit and a Level III Advanced Trauma Center. Among other distinctions, we have been recognized for our interventional cardiology services including cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, open-heart surgery, and STEMI care; stroke care; hip and knee joint replacement services; women and children's services; and more. Methodist Charlton strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve -- one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we've earned:
- Magnet Excellence® hospital
- Level III Advanced Trauma Facility
- Grade A Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group®
- Accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission for heart attack, heart failure, chest pain, stroke, pneumonia, surgery, perinatal care, and knee and hip joint replacement
- Chest Pain – MI Registry™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American College of Cardiology for excellence in heart attack care.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist