How do you see yourself today? Are you looking for that unique opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve?
MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company: a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction.
Our business model is unlike others in the industry: we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients.
This role provides a chance for you to build your professional career with an organization that is purposeful and whose values drive actions. You would have the opportunity to prioritize the care of our associates and our patients, to connect the knowledge of our talented teams to our patient's needs, and to work in a fun, inclusive environment as part of a collaborative team.
We are in search of that unique individual who is inspired by a career focused on helping others and providing quality care while continuously growing professionally and improving MyEyeDr. in meaningful ways. If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
The Doctor, Optometry (OD) is responsible for the direct delivery of vision care services to patients. Using commonly accepted practices, tools and techniques, the OD evaluates patient vision, documents findings to patient records and consults with patients regarding the current status and future requirements associated with their individualized vision care needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages all aspects of Optometry Services for the assigned office(s) location. • Directly Supervises all Optometry activities performed by paraprofessional staff. • Works in collaboration with the Director, Professional Services to communicate and facilitate the integration of best practices for vision care in the office(s) ensuring continuous improvement in the delivery of optometric services. Monitors key performance indicators for the range of services within accountability, identifies trends/issues and implements improvement programs. • Effectively coordinates the provision of non-optometry services with Retail Services to optimize the quality of care provided to customers. • Maximizes productivity and management of appointment scheduling to optimize the delivery and quality of optometric services. • Develops, monitors and assures maintenance of all assigned equipment in good working order. • Accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each patient. • Other duties as assigned by the Director, Professional Services
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 1-5 years of clinical experience within a retail office environment; recent college graduates considered. • Doctor of Optometry Degree from an accredited institution required. • Licensed in good standing in Optometry with the Commonwealth of Virginia, State of Maryland and District of Columbia to the fullest extent of the law is required. • National Provider Identification (NPI) required. • Experience working in a multi-location operating structure preferred. • Active membership and participation in state and local associations preferred. • TPA License required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Basic business skills preferred. • Demonstrate strong communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to communicate effectively. • Demonstrated subject matter knowledge of commonly used techniques, tools and practices. • Proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. • Ability to multi-task, set priorities, delegate duties and ensures deadlines are met. • Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of attention to details. • Demonstrated ability to establish a positive rapport and build collegial relationships within various departments of the organization to maximize the efficient flow of information and focus on customer service. • Demonstrated success working within an office environment addressing a variety of customer requirements and requests
• This position requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, utilize equipment necessary to perform the job, and move about the office.
• This position is performed in a traditional retail office environment. • May require local travel, on a same-day basis, within the company’s regions.