BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Job Title
- Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Requirement ID
- Honolulu, HI
- Other Location
Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst - Sr. Level - HI
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Honolulu, HI
The Cyber Threat Senior Intelligence Analyst (herein referred to as Analyst) will be responsible for providing senior-level analysis on relevant threats to the DoD-associated customer environment in support of the overall NIWC CSSP defensive effort. Analyst will be a key component in providing additional tactical context surrounding adversarial TTPs and support to the Network Security Monitoring and Incident Response teams. Analyst will provide support and/or guidance to coworkers as necessary and contribute to building a collaborative working environment. Analyst must have strong organizational skills and ability to successfully engage leadership, stakeholders, customers, and coworkers as needed to accomplish the CSSP mission. Analyst must possess expertise necessary to analyze cyber threat environments and provide forward-leaning assessments that inform key decision-makers and stakeholders. Analyst must perform technical research regarding malware, adversaries, and TTPs and apply intelligence analysis techniques to create cyber threat awareness reports and assessments regarding anticipated adversary behaviors.
Analyst will possess traditional analytic skills that include:
• Critical Thinking - Structured analytic methodology, logical processing, integrate and synthesize diverse sources of information, creative application of insight, ability to derive/willingness to determine assessments, and systematic approach to gather, evaluate and use multiple sources of information to inform decisions and outcomes
• Accountability for Results – Assumes responsibility for one’s work, sets and/or meets priorities, organizes and uses time and resources efficiently and effectively to achieve desired results, consistent with organizational goals and objectives
• Communication – Effectively comprehends and conveys information with and from others in writing, reading, listening, and verbal and non-verbal action and uses a variety of media in communicating and making presentations appropriate to the audience
• Personal Leadership and Integrity – Demonstrates personal initiative, honesty, flexibility, and respect in their dealings with coworkers, peers, customers, stakeholders, teams, leadership, and collaborative networks
• Engagement and Collaboration – Recognizes, values, builds and leverages collaborative and constructive networks of diverse coworkers, peers, customers, stakeholders, and teams, within an organization and across the community to share knowledge and achieve results.
• Develop threat intelligence collection, analysis, production, and dissemination of finished reporting products to internal security operations teams, information technology teams, enterprise risk management teams, and executive decision makers
• Lead team in identifying cyber threats, trends and new developments on various cybersecurity topics by analyzing open-source intelligence and data
• Maintain knowledge of adversary activities, including intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs)
• Demonstrated ability to lead diverse teams in complex, evolving analytical missions especially where priorities may shift due to the evolution of threat landscape
• Possess fundamental and practical knowledge of network and/or operating system security
• Understand network architecture and computer network intrusion detection/prevention systems
• Communicate events to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to network infrastructure, applications and operating systems
• Provide cyber threat assessments based on threat analysis, coordinate cyber threat tracking with other organizations and the government
• Provide cyber risk and threat identification by proactively and continuously monitoring the internal and external landscape for relevant events, risks and threats related to malicious code, vulnerabilities and attacks
• Compile and maintain internal standard operating procedure (SOP) documentation
• Ensure associated documentation and capabilities remain compliant with CJCSM 6510.01b and other applicable policy directives
• Participates in program reviews, product evaluations, and onsite certification evaluations
• Demonstrated capability to analyze and coherently present complex threat intelligence information in a meaningful way.
• Authorized to update signatures and view alerts of IDS/ IPS
• Authorized to view audit records on Central Log Server
• Authorized to modify auditable events on Central Log Server
• Overtime may be required as needed to support incident response actions (Surge)
• Up to 15% Travel may be required
• US Citizen
• 7+ Years’ experience in Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) environment or Incident Response, IT Security, malware analysis, security product development, offensive security or tracking cyber threats with a demonstrated ability to leverage intelligence on attacker methodology, tools, and infrastructure to improve security posture
• Research and analyze various sources of cyber threat-related data
• Utilize standard cyber threat-related toolsets
• Understanding and implementation of structured analytic methodology (e.g., scientific method)
• Determine and provide risk-related assessments and recommendations for action
• Ability to edit finished products based off of highly technical subject matter and analysis for dissemination to a less technical or non-technical audience
• Experience managing the collection, analysis, and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data for the purpose of documenting results and analyzing finding to provide meaningful products
• Significant experience with cyber-related environments, such as defensive/offensive cyber operations, information operations. information warfare, or topical cyber-related expertise
• Ability to develop specific expertise, discerns patterns of complex threat actor behavior, and communicates a comprehension of current and developing cyber threats
• Ability to leverage online research tools to identify and navigate online forums, specialized websites, social media, and traditional sources
• Capable knowledge of the functions of various security infrastructure such as firewalls, intrusion prevention/detection systems, proxy servers, email controls, anonymizing technology, and SIEM
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, including briefing to senior leadership and agency groups on a regular basis
• Technical understanding of common threat analysis models such as the Diamond Model, Cyber Kill Chain, and MITRE ATT&CK
• Experience working with detection creation methodologies across multiple platforms
• Experience with analytic tool, including Augury, Splunk, TAC, Palantir, Shodan, Analyst Notebook, or other Threat Intelligence Platforms preferred
• Experience collaborating and coordinating with intelligence community partners on Cyber issues and topics
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from accredited university/technical college.
o Preferred degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical disciplines
• 8570 Classification IAT –II & CSSP Certification
Minimum of a Secret Clearance, with ability to obtain TS/SCI.
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome's range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life insurance, Paid Time-off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
1. Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
2. Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
3. Upload a Current Resume
4.Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (Including questionnaire, resume and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for the position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis or race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, preform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case-basis.
- Required Skills