Knowledge Manager: Ft. Shafter HI
- Job Title
- Knowledge Manager: Ft. Shafter HI
- Job ID
- Ft. Shafter, HI 20166
- Other Location
Support the USARPAC Chief of Staff and Knowledge Management Office with KM services. USARPAC Knowledge Management Office is responsible for assessing, designing, implementing, and executing KM policies and guidance, developing knowledge systems, and providing KM oversight/governance for USARPAC HQ and USARPAC subordinate commands. The USARPAC Knowledge Management Office (KMO) supports the USARPAC in all aspects of USARPAC Knowledge Management (KM) activities. KM is the process of enabling knowledge flow to enhance shared understanding to improve learning organization and decision making. USARPAC KM takes direction from the Chief of Staff of USARPAC as owners of decision support (Battle Rhythm) processes. As part of the USARPAC KM Program, the USARPAC KMO is responsible for overall Content Management of USARPAC HQ and subcommand information residing in such locations as Web pages, portals, file shares, and lists.
Duties and responsibilities: The candidate duties will include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Provide support for collaborative services and tools including implementation and maintenance. This includes portal services, collaborative tools, information system solutions, web applications, and IT concepts principles and practices.
- Provide technical training supporting KM policy and strategy that falls under the umbrella of people, processes, organizations and tools.
- Work within the Governance cell and will be responsible for calendar maintenance (multiple).
- Maintain responsibilities for Theater Army Synch Meeting (TASM) product support, email lists/reminders.
- Implements KM initiatives and provides a framework to ensure the capture, harnessing and exploitation of intellectual capital.
- Responsible for assisting with governance creation and distribution.
- Responsible for coordination with VTC staff for prepping Governance cell required events to be hosted on virtual platforms.
- Analyze and design SharePoint forms
- Coordinate KM activities supporting USARPAC boards, bureaus, centers, cells, and working groups (B2C2WG) structure.
- Will be required to attend meetings, answer emails/phone calls, and (if required) provide staff training support.
Basic Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field of study
- At start date, must possess current IAT Level I Certification. One or more of the following certifications in ACTIVE status are acceptable.
- A+ CE
- 5- 8 years of experience serving as a Knowledge Manager or functioning in a KM role or commensurate experience
- Knowledge of SharePoint platforms/systems
- Detailed understanding of KM, web design, creation of collaborative tools and information system solutions, and IT concepts, principles, and practices.
- Strong communication skills at all levels, and experience interfacing with senior officials.
- Ability to evaluate data to quickly identify problems, issues and gaps.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
· All applicants must have current DoD Secret clearance eligibility day one and prior to entry on duty
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Certified Knowledge Manager (CKM) Certification
- Superb attention to detail, critical thinking and analysis skills, and excellent oral and written communication.