Senior Accounts Receivable Financial Analyst Remote/Arlington VA
- Job Title
- Senior Accounts Receivable Financial Analyst Remote/Arlington VA
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22201
- Other Location
We are searching for a Senior Accounts Receivable Financial Analyst who will support a project providing enterprise financial management support for the Department of Justice’s United States Marshals Service Financial Services Division (FSD).
If you are interested, please send an updated resume and target pay rate and salary. We look forward to hearing from you.
Responsibilities: The position will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Bill customers for goods and services and/or debts owed such as unauthorized travel costs, vendor overpayments, employee relocation overpayments, etc.
- Prepare dunning (collection) notices and correspondence and answer inquiries regarding bills rendered, accounts receivable, and collection items. Maintain professional decorum/de-escalation.
- Perform financial analysis and reconciliations.
- Perform auditing and investigative analysis of collections.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies; investigate and resolve customer queries.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
- Collect, categorize, and maintain Accounts Receivable (AR) collections records.
- Use receivables application in the UFMS system of record.
- Generate aging analysis and review AR aging to ensure compliance payment plan.
- Report on AR balances - current and delinquent accounts, collections.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as well as prescribed reporting requirements from DOJ/Treasury (i.e., IPERA).
- Draft SOPs/desk procedures/flow charts for the accounts receivable functions.
- Provide training and guidance on improper/erroneous payments and collection of debts.
Basic Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- 4+ years of experience performing tasks similar to those stated above.
- Ability to maintain patience and professionalism with challenging customers/vendors.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent command of grammar and language.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills (both oral and written) with a focus on customer service and demonstrated ability to effectively interact at all levels across the organization to build successful relationships.
- Excellent consultative, conflict resolution, negotiation, and facilitation skills to gain consensus in a matrixed and complex organization.
- Proven problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to think out of the box and generate creative solutions; ability to break a complex problem down into its component parts and arrive at the appropriate solution in a timely fashion.
- Must be flexible and able to thrive in a time-sensitive environment to meet strict deadlines.
- Positive attitude, averse to the status quo, always looking to improve current processes and procedures; ability to see opportunities for change, to capitalize on them and implement them when appropriate for the benefit of the organization.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic who sets high standards for self and others and demonstrates enthusiasm for the mission of the team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or Access – pivot tables, v-lookup, graphs/charts/visual, analytics.
- Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
- Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must have an active Moderate Risk Background Investigation (MBI) Public Trust T3 case type or higher (Secret, TS, etc.). Investigation closure date MUST be less than five years old.
Desired Qualifications and Skills: It is desirable that the candidate has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is in Finance or Accounting.
- Auditor’s mentality - someone that is naturally curious and committed to investigating and uncovering anomalies.
- Federal Government accounts receivable and/or internal controls experience.