Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
PRN Radiation Therapist
- Job Title
- PRN Radiation Therapist
- Job ID
- Orem, UT 84057
- Other Location
PRN Radiation Therapist responsible for administering prescribed doses of radiation to specific body parts, using radiation therapy equipment according to established practices and standards.
- Administer radiation therapy as prescribed by the physician.
- Verify prescribed treatment dose before each treatment; verify fields to be treated, and angles to be used.
- Assure placement of protective devices in order to shield otherwise healthy exposed tissue of patients.
- Simulates patients using simulator, CT scanner or other devices to accurately localize treatment areas.
- Display professional conduct essential to the well being of the radiation oncology patient.
- Maintain accurate and detailed treatment chart documentation.
- Observe the clinical progress of the patient, use clinical decision making skills to recognize and report any signs of complications.
- Adhere to radiation safety procedure protocol.
- Perform machine safety checks; know safe limits of equipment operations, and report abnormalities or inconsistencies to the Center Leader.
- Work closely with the Radiation Oncologist and the therapy team in the preparation of a treatment plan.
- Adhere to the Radiation Therapist Code of Ethics.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to be on call.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- ARRT Board eligible
- Graduate of an accredited school of radiation therapy technology
- Certification in Radiation Therapy Technology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including overtime, and weekends, as necessary)
- ARRT Board certified
- BS in related field.
- Two years clinical experience in similar setting.
Excellent judgment, dependability, conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for operating complicated equipments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity, climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard exposure.