Head of Business Development
- Job Title
- Head of Business Development
- Job ID
- BOULDER, CO 80301
- Other Location
Director, Sr. Director, or V.P. of Business Development
We’re focused on creating a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with cancer around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision oncology medicines that target specific cancer drivers. We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team to help us achieve our ambitious goals. If you are resilient, self-directed, highly motivated, passionate about business development and believe that, working together, we can truly make an impact for cancer patients around the world, then OnKure is the place for you.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Lead the identification, evaluation and execution of all global business development opportunities including licensing, partnerships, alliances and/or joint ventures
- Collaborate with the Executive, R&D, CMC and Clinical teams to define technical, scalability, and clinical characteristics of partnering opportunities
- Define and drive forward new partnerships in support of overall corporate strategy, financing needs and organizational capabilities
- Identify, evaluate, and pursue relevant opportunities that are consistent with OnKure’s strategic objectives:
- Attend events (including major partnering, scientific and medical conferences) as well as draw upon an extensive industry network to help prospect for new opportunities and build relationships with potential partners
- Maintain an understanding of the contemporary business landscape and monitor key events related to opportunities of interest
- Develop persuasive business cases, including financial modeling, ROI analysis, and partnering approach
- Understand market potential of opportunities, and monitor competitive intelligence by keeping up to date on market trends, competitors, and external opportunities
- Establish and maintain close partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders including not-for-profit and disease foundations
- Plan, prepare and deliver presentations to external parties, and routinely lead business discussions
- Organize and lead cross-functional due diligence processes
- Effectively manage diligence findings, possess conviction, and build cases to recommend deals or not
- Lead the contract drafting/review process with legal, and coordinate cross-functional input
- Lead the negotiation and closing of transactions consistent with business cases and corporate goals
- Provide business development input and support to internal programs as appropriate including gap analysis and solutions
- Lead the negotiation of amendments of existing agreements to align with evolving business needs
- Provide periodic executive level updates to multiple audiences on business development activities to ensure awareness and alignment across the Company
- Lead/manage special initiatives on an ad hoc basis to support corporate objectives
Knowledge, Skills & Capabilities:
- Sound understanding of drug discovery and development, preferably in the field of small molecule oncology precision medicine
- Experience in assessing opportunities for strategic fit with corporate objectives
- Demonstrated track record of executing deals from sourcing to deal closing, including analytics, negotiations, structuring, and contracting
- Experience with in-licensing and out-licensing pre-clinical and clinical stage assets
- Experience with creative deal constructs and Asia-Pacific region a plus
- Demonstrated ability to forge relationships and collaborate with many different disciplines both inside and outside the company
- Historical roles with results demonstrating conflict/issue resolution, time-critical project management, negotiation skills, and consensus-building
- Strong asset valuation and financial modeling skills, with accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent professional communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills. Effective communicator at all organizational levels
- Adept at making strong professional and credible impressions with senior-level audiences
- Ability to function autonomously and drive strategic decisions with sound business judgement
- Undergraduate degree plus MBA or advanced scientific degree required
- Minimum 12 years of experience working in biotech/pharma business development
- Consulting, venture capital, and/or banking experience is a plus, and years of relevant experience in these fields will be considered
OnKure, Inc. is a private biotech company, based in Boulder, Colorado. The company was founded and is led by several scientific leaders from Array BioPharma, another Boulder-based company. Our mission is to create novel, high quality drugs to provide meaningful therapy for cancer patients. Our near-term goals are to advance our clinical stage drug, OKI-179, into several Phase 2 clinical trials, build a state-of-the-art drug discovery group and establish a robust pipeline of projects and development candidates.
Our Boulder facilities feature modern offices, and new laboratories are under construction. With the mountains at our doorstep, great schools, cultural and unparalleled outdoor activities, Boulder is the No. 1 place to live out of the 150 most populous metro areas in the U.S. for the second year in a row!
To attract the very best talent, OnKure offers a generous compensation and benefits package that includes competitive pay, performance-based bonus opportunities, stock options, insurance coverage (health, dental, life, and disability), self-managed paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with company match. We operate on a flexible schedule that allows a combination of both in-office and home-based work.
Annual compensation range for this role, based on experience is $175,000-$275,000.
OnKure is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all job applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected factors.