Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Stormwater Field Technician / Crew Member
- Job Title
- Stormwater Field Technician / Crew Member
- Job ID
- Urbandale, IA 50322
- Other Location
Position: Field Technician 2
Industry: Field Services
Location: Urbandale, IA
Apex Companies is one of the fastest-growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Stormwater Field Technician / Crew Member:
- Provide routine cleanup, maintenance, and light repairs of stormwater infrastructure including retention ponds, detention basins, drainage ditches, stormwater grates, and other stormwater assets.
- Perform mowing, weed-trimming, debris removal, ground maintenance and cleanup, light construction, and maintenance repairs for properties as directed.
- Operate landscaping and light construction equipment. Maintain equipment trailer.
- Travel will be required and varies by crew. Up to 1-2 nights of travel per week is typical.
- Learn stormwater management techniques.
- Comply with all safe work practices and complete your work in a safe manner.
- Year-round, full-time work!
- Travel expenses and per diem paid for out-of-town travel.
- Medical, dental and vision plan options.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability insurance.
- 401k plan.
- Paid time off and company holidays.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
- Prefer 1-2 years of experience with outdoor labor including, but not limited to: landscaping, construction, grounds maintenance and repair, or similar work.
- Able to perform manual labor.
- Stable employment history and favorable employment references.
- Good record of attendance and punctuality.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record preferred.
- Dedication to safe work practices in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment background and drug screenings.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic functions of bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, balancing, walking, standing, sitting, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, and hearing. Must be able to perform work exerting up to up to 60 pounds of force; and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Must possess visual acuity and hand-eye coordination to operate machines and tools such as mowers and weed whackers to perform tasks. Able to work in a variety of weather conditions.
Apex is not only an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, we truly value diversity in many forms.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.