Centric Fiber is a start-up telecommunications Company that is looking to disrupt the market and provide the fastest most reliable service for Internet and Phone service available. Centric Fiber partners with home builders to install superior fiber infrastructure directly in the ground during beginning phases of development. This means all homes in a community are already hardwired for high-speed fiber internet, without added costs or complications.
WE'VE GOT SOME SWEET GIGS, CHECK 'EM OUT!
Project Manager (OSP)
- Job Title
- Project Manager (OSP)
- Job ID
- Arlington, TX 76011
- Other Location
Centric Fiber is looking to add a key employee to its Project Manager ranks to support our Dallas/Fort Worth market. We are looking for a motivated individual that has experience in the development and build out of fiber optic systems in residential new build communities. This new team member will work on building the department from its infancy stages into one of the largest parts of the company’s organization structure.
The Project Manager will manage the construction process for all residential projects. This role will direct personnel and contractor construction crews and will oversee project deadlines, materials management and coordination with all other third parties for day-to-day operations. This role will be overseeing fiber installation projects of various sizes and scopes of work. The Project Manager must have a strong work ethic, knowledge of the telecom industry, and a strong belief in the Safety and the Well-Being of team members.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Oversee of all Centric Fiber’s project execution and field services across its operating markets.
- Manage construction projects and field service workorders, including maintaining sufficient resources (labor and equipment) to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Prepare project status reports as required for the Centric Fiber executive team.
- Collaborate with Centric Gas’ engineering and operations team to enable and efficiently execute joint infrastructure installations.
- Support the development of construction bid documents and negotiate contracts with contractors, sub-contractors, and suppliers.
- Coordinate with GIS team to ensure as-built network is reflected in mapping software.
- Work with GIS team to document fiber terminations, splicing of fibers and splicing sheets for all projects.
- Support business development opportunity validation and economic modelling assistance.
- Work with operations team to prepare request-for-quotes in support of project planning; items to prepare may include map exhibits, trenching cross-sections, fiber splice tables, etc. Assist with the selection of contractors for each project.
- Support trouble tickets/callouts to troubleshoot and conduct corrective actions on an as needed basis; identify and maintain local contractors that can support requisite trades to ensure 100% operational uptime of OSP and fiber network componentry.
- Maintain inventory, loading and unloading, collection of unused materials for input back into inventory, oversight of warehouse and all deliveries.
- Build new relationships with key vendors and sub-contractors across all markets.
- Participate in industry events to remain current on fiber infrastructure trends and new product developments.
- Actively work with the VP of Operations on budgeting and cash flow projections.
- Attract key new hires and building the Centric Fiber team in conjunction with Centric Fiber’s President.
- Implement and adopt policies, procedures, and reports to assist Centric in growing efficiently.
- Implement and adopt policies, procedures, and reports to assist Centric in strengthening safety standards across companies (Gas and Fiber).
- Must have the ability to work effectively with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least three years of related telecommunications or mass media experience.
- Prefer related experience in a small office environment.
- Use your troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to come up with solutions.
- Use your communication skills to resolve customer’s concerns.
- Proven track record of building customer relationships, with the ability to earn customer loyalty.
- Up to 100% travel to all MDU project sites.
- Great benefits
- Generous PTO Policy
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- Bonus Opportunity