Job Title: Laborer Columbus Market
Business Unit: Ohio Valley Excavating, a Congruex Company
Reports To: Foreman
Employment Status: Full-time non-exempt (hourly)
Primary Location: Lebanon, Ohio
We will determine salary based on skills and experience in relation to the function of the role, as well as equity to any other employees in the same or similar role.
Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest end-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex.
Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks.
Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, IMPROVING ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex
Ohio Valley Excavating, a Congruex Company
Founded in 2004, OVE services the utility industry with installation and maintenance for underground electrical and communications infrastructures. OVE’s full-service excavation capacities span commercial and industrial construction as well as emergency repairs, with experience across the private and public sectors in Ohio and the Midwest.
We are seeking Laborers to join our growing team. The laborers will be responsible for performing their job duties in a safe and professional manner. The ideal candidate will have basic knowledge of the construction industry but training is provided.
Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a pre-employment drug screening. The laborers will be responsible to get to various job sites throughout the area and must be willing to work on a crew assisting in construction actives.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
• Attend and participate in morning and afternoon job specific safety / huddle meetings as needed
• Operate various tamping machines as per specifications
• Inspect machines, equipment and assist with everyday maintenance
• Assist with loading and unloading of jobsite materials
• Maintain neat and clean work area
• Inspect and operate hand tools for various activities
• Assist the operator with excavation of trenches, placement of shoring and backfilling procedures
• Placement of conduit in open trenches
• Proofing conduits
• Potholing existing utilities
• Assist with setting of structures
• Forming and pouring of concrete
• Prep and placement of asphalt
• Maintain safety of company vehicles and ensured optimal utilization
• Ensure compliance to customer requirements and completed activities
• Observe and promote safety compliance
• Complete 20 hours of OVE required safety training annually
• Participate in random drug screenings
• Report injuries and other accidents to the foreman
• Assist coworkers in ensuring site is clean and organized at the end of each shift
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• High school or equivalent education
• Valid Driver’s license
• Reliable transportation to various jobsites in the area
• Subject to pre-employment drug test and MVR
• Ability to follow instruction
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with crew, leadership and clients
• Strong understanding of safety procedures and policies
• Must be able to meet physical demands of the position; ability to lift up to 75 pounds
• Excellent vision or the use of prescription lenses
• Exceptional manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
• Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time in unfavorable weather conditions
Desired Skills & Qualifications (but not necessary):
• Previous experience and knowledge of underground utility construction
• Provide suggestions for continued improvement
• Experience in operating small equipment and hand tools
• CDL driver’s license
• Evidence of working successfully with a team
Non -exempt (hourly)
Eligible for full benefits package, 401K, paid time off, holiday pay and insurance package.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.