Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
Sr. Manager Splicing
- Job Title
- Sr. Manager Splicing
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
- Central Florida
Summit Broadband is a leading fiber-optics telecommunications provider in Central and Southwest Florida, providing voice, video, data, and high-speed internet services to commercial and residential customers. We are an organization that value’s each employee’s contributions and encourages everyone to share their ideas. Standing out in the industry by providing superior products and exceptional customer service, this growing and dynamic high-tech company is seeking a Outside Plant Manager to join our team.
Job Title: Sr. Manager Splicing
Reports to: SVP Operations
Primary function of this position is to assist in executing the splicing of new plant design including commercial, hospitality, and residential installations. This position is also responsible for managing the splicing and maintenance of the existing fiber and HFC infrastructure in order to maximize ROI and customer reliability and network availability. This leader will ensure that proper fiber records are submitted to our mapping and design team. The Sr. Splicing Manager will lead the splicing teams across the state of FL and be responsible for the development of the team and performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate field survey of existing or proposed outside plant installations including aerial and underground network facilities and associated infrastructure;
- Review new and existing design for HFC network installations
- Must be able to understand and read construction and fiber splicing documents
- Manage and coordinate outside plant splicing using both in-house and contract resources;
- Responsible for meeting QC standards;
- Responsible for leading locators and splicing team, required to meet time requirements of locates and protect our fiber and HFC infrastructure;
- In the development of the team members, this position must have knowledge of splicing techniques, troubleshooting techniques, network architecture, documentation necessities and end-to-end process;
- Train personnel and develop competencies and expertise in others on splicing, troubleshooting, network architecture, Bentley documentation and process requirements;
- Ensure system compliance to NCTA, FCC regulations and Summit minimum operating specifications
- Liaise with other departments as necessary to maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of new technology being deployed
- Troubleshoot systems as necessary and lead in the restoration of all plant issues;
- Maintenance, design, provisioning and troubleshooting of outside plant components;
- Lead the splicing of all types of fiber, coax, CAT5/6 cable. Ensure Fiber Optic Network Technicians obtain the training and development in order to maximize their involvement in network design and splicing requirements;
- Manage system performance while responding to customer inquiries as necessary;
- Responsible for the development and implementation of methods procedures and practices related to the Company’s Outside Plant Splicing, Construction and Fiber Optic documentation policies;
- Ability to clearly document, update and interface with the ePortal system as well as the Electronic Network ticket Management system;
- Respond to the needs of a 24/7/365 operation; Responsible for outage restoration
- Other duties as assigned including non-technical and administrative/project management duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of people management experience required
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of RF and optical networks
- Working knowledge of network design software (Predominantly Bentley V8i, but Lode Data/OSP Insight/AutoCAD beneficial)
- Knowledge of cable television products and services
- Minimum 10 years experience in a CATV and FTTH environment
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and have clean driving record
- Must be able to pass drug test
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Summit Broadband, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company participates in the E-Verify program.