- Job Title
- AP/Staff Accountant
- Job ID
- Boulder, CO
- Other Location
OnKure is looking for an AP/Staff Accountant to join our team. Reporting to the Controller, the AP/Staff Accountant will work independently and under the direction of the Controller to support and maintain our Accounting function.
What You Will Achieve:
- Prepare month end journal entries necessary to close out financials
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions
- Maintain and own AP process
- Support payroll process
- Support year-end financial statement audit
- Function as a back-up for payroll processing
- Research account variances and propose adjustments
How You Will Achieve It:
- Take ownership for all work activities and personal actions and care about work product and the performance of the company
- Prioritize tasks and effectively use time to complete assignments on-time or ahead of schedule
- Produce results that meet or exceed organizational standards by taking the initiative to understand job responsibilities
- Actively contribute to effective team processes and deliverables (team communication, team meetings, etc.)
- Take initiative to develop job knowledge and technical skills and improve quality and/or processes
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or at least 5 years of progressive accounting experience with emphasis on accounts payable and general ledger accounting
- Strong AP process and understanding
- Strong payroll processing understanding
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to reconcile all general ledger accounts
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and maintain productive working relationships
- Ability to think critically, analyze a problem, and propose solutions required
- Familiarity with standard accounting concepts, practices, and procedures required
- The candidate must have good organization skills and be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Word
- Strong Excel skills required (pivot, xlookup)
- Experience in ERP system preferred
OnKure, Inc. is a private biotech company, based in Boulder, Colorado. The company was founded and is led by several scientific leaders from Array BioPharma, another Boulder-based company. Our mission is to create novel, high quality drugs to provide meaningful therapy for cancer patients. Our near-term goals are to advance our clinical stage drug, OKI-179, into several Phase 2 clinical trials, build a state-of-the-art drug discovery group and establish a robust pipeline of projects and development candidates.
Our Boulder facilities feature modern offices, and new laboratories are under construction. With the mountains at our doorstep, great schools, cultural and unparalleled outdoor activities, Boulder is the No. 1 place to live out of the 150 most populous metro areas in the U.S. for the second year in a row!
To attract the very best talent, OnKure offers a generous compensation and benefits package that includes competitive pay, performance-based bonus opportunities, stock options, insurance coverage (health, dental, life, and disability), self-managed paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with company match. We operate on a flexible schedule that allows a combination of both in-office and home-based work.
Annual compensation range for this role, based on experience is $60,000-$70,000.
OnKure is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all job applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected factors.