BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Data Scientist
- Requirement ID
- Las Cruses, NM
- Other Location
Location: New Mexico
Employment Type: Full-time
- Education and Experience levels: A minimum of 3 years of experience in data analytics, data science, or data visualization. A relevant BA or BS degree may count for four years’ experience and a relevant MA or MS degree may count for an additional two years’ experience.
- Experience with applying multidisciplinary mathematical and statistical models via programming languages to large data sets to extract patterns, relationships, and anticipatory behavioral patterns using traditional single discipline means.
- Experience in developing tradecraft techniques and training solutions for discovery, preparation, manipulation, and normalization of big data so that methods are repeatable and explained to analysts.
- Experience with mathematical concepts and techniques to solve complex GEOINT analysis problem sets, and comprehend concepts associated with structured data and relational databases.
- Experience in conceptualizing the relationship between a database structure and the requirements for analyzing and visualizing those data temporally and spatially.
- Experience with ArcGIS, Excel, Python, SPSS, R, or other statistical packages to analyze and visualize data both temporally and spatially to assist in data integrity checks, including asking the next question, and displaying analytical assessments.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Experience in maintaining, moving, and manipulating data between applications using appropriate software or Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) procedures, including Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Access database management system or ORACLE, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server and importing and cleaning analyst-provided datasets.
- Experience with statistical software, including SPSS, SAS, and MATLAB, desktop software, including Microsoft Office and Access, the Windows operation environment, and software packages used for advanced statistical analysis of operational data
- Experience with comprehending and explaining the relationship between the data collected for a real-world problem and the required structure of a relational database to help solve that problem
- Experience with Apache Hadoop, HUE, Hive, Pig, Spark, Elasticsearch, Kibana, or Tableau
- Knowledge of programming languages, including Java, Python, R, or SQL
- Experience with using JEMA
- Experience with the GEOINT domain including geospatial intelligence or remote sensing, GEOINT databases, including GIMS, BVI, or CRATE, and ABI and multi-INT fusion
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field relevant to data science, data analytics, and/or data visualization.
Clearance: TS/SCI w/ CI Poly
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills