Laser Lift Off Process Development Engineer - LED Chips
- Job Title
- Laser Lift Off Process Development Engineer - LED Chips
- Job ID
- Kulim, MALAYSIA, MY-02
- Other Location
Our multinational client, a leader in the manufacture of optoelectronic components, is in search of experts for their production site in Malaysia, specifically:
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop (or transfer from Germany) laser lift-off processes to support the Product (Chip) Development projects. Manage own process projects independently and work on project closure as per timeline planned effectively well-designed experiments, and write clear, concise technical reports documenting the results.
- Key task is the development of new processes, from tool selection via process optimization to production release of new processes. Strong understanding of the interactions between process and hardware is required. Cost optimization projects by process improvement, material saving are part of the function as well. Work closely with the Process and Production department on improvement activities and drive for further improvements.
- Deep involvement in new product introduction to ensure smooth transition & ramp-up of new products.
- Key interface between Process R&D Germany for new processes and technologies, be the expert for Sapphire Laser technologies, have a detailed market overview. Work on Collaboration and Standardization.
- Several years of working experience in an industrial environment like semiconductor industries, in the area of Laser technology preferred.
- Technical/physical/ Optical understanding of laser processes and knowledge in relevant analytical methods.
- Strong knowledge in the usage of semiconductor materials.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team, analytical thinking and creativity.
- Willingness to travel.
- Individual contributor for new process introduction / R&D
- University degree.in Physics, Material Science, Electrical Engineering or similar field, Master Degree and/or Advanced Professional licensing.
- 6 to 7 years of relevant experience.
- Strong Process technical knowledge and project management skills. Good interpersonal skills, responsible, accountability, initiative, & able to handle stress.
- Microsoft Office, Project management skills, FMEA, Statistics, 8D, 6sigma, CornerStone, Minitab, JMP.
- Required Skills
University degree in physics or related
6+ yrs experience in semiconductor technology
Knowledge and experience with laser technology and tools in semiconductor processes
Expertise in process development
Ability to travel
Option 1: Create a New Profile