Careers at Kettering Health
Registered Nurse, 4100 Telemetry
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse, 4100 Telemetry
- Job ID
- Dayton, OH
- Other Location
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it’s by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
Grandview Medical Center Overview
- Providing care to Dayton and surrounding communities for over 90 years.
- Over 20 specialties, including orthopedics, heart and vascular, surgery, and trauma services.
- Grandview expanded their Emergency Department as well as their heart & vascular services to include an additional catheterization lab and electrophysiology lab.
- Partners with Gem City Market to provide fresh fruits and vegetables every Tuesday within the hospital.
- One of the largest osteopathic teaching hospitals in the United States.
- 371 bed facility
- Over the past several years, Grandview has received many awards, including:
- Top 100 Hospital
- Patient Safety Excellence Award from Healthgrades in 2019.
- Received an “A” from the Leapfrog Group, a national patient safety watchdog, ranking among the safest hospitals in the United States.
If you are eager to learn new things and enjoy caring for patients with a broad range of diagnoses, this unit is for you! Respiratory Infections, Severe Sepsis, COPD, and Diabetes are the top diagnoses that are found on this fast paced telemetry unit. With a patient capacity of 55 beds, the top-notch staff on the 4100 unit strive for the best care to be delivered to the patients. 4100 has an extremely involved unit practice council, which meets monthly to improve patient and staff satisfaction. The nurse to patient ratio ranges from 4-6 patients per nurse. Kettering Health’s 4100 provides ample growth opportunities for nurses and nursing assistants.
Responsibilities & Requirements
**Possible Incentives for external RNs
- Up to $15,000 Sign-on Bonus based on shift and experience
- Relocation Bonus available (amount may vary dependent on the distance of the move)
- Returning employees must not have been employed by Kettering Health for the last 6 months prior to rehire
- The Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care to patients in all settings in collaboration with other health care providers.
- The RN is accountable for his/her own professional development and practice within the scope of care defined by law.
- Utilizing organizational resources, the RN acts as a patient advocate for the delivery of safe care including delegation of care and participation in performance and practice improvement activities.
- The delivery of nursing care within the Kettering Health Network reflects the missions, vision, values, and philosophies, of the organization and nursing departments
Applicants Must Have:
- Licensed in the state of Ohio as a Registered Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (NLN, ACEN, or CCNE) if they are a new graduate nurse.
- Bachelor of Science in nursing preferred (must be completed within 5 years of hire).
- A nurse who is returning to the acute care setting after five or more years may be required to provide evidence of successful completion of a refresher course.
- BLS certification
- ACLS, NRP, PALS as determined by unit scope of practice