- Job Title
- Senior Accountant
- Job ID
- Binghamton, NY 13904
- Other Location
The successful candidate will manage and analyze Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash, Payroll, including maintenance of accurate records of these activities and reporting on these activities regularly to the Controller and/or Director of Finance.
Assisting the Finance department in the flawless execution of daily workflow:
- Recording & Analyzing Data in Microsoft Business Central & Office 365, Reporting Software, Contracts Software, Payroll, etc.
- Accuracy of General ledger.
- Accounts receivable – Invoicing & Collections.
- Accounts payable – Recording & Analysis.
- Job Costing review and analysis.
- Maintain daily cash flow and bank accounts reconciliations.
- Payroll Review for accuracy and submission; including reviewing hours, commissions, bonuses, tax compliance, and reporting.
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures as well as Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Willingness to work on various projects assigned by management.
- Assist with reports on request, including budgets, expense analyses, payroll reporting analysis, weekly cash vs. payables forecasts, month-end financial reports, annual financial reports, tax filing, etc.
- Identify and implement process improvements as necessary to maintain high-quality, efficiencies, cost-saving processes across all tasks.
- Monitor and maintain Internal Controls.
- Demonstrates dependability and reliability by being punctual, working within business hours, and completing responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Interacts professionally and effectively with customers, co-workers, and business partners.
- Strong Communication Skills both internally and externally; receives or gives direction; and effectively works as part of a team.
- Must maintain and keep the confidentiality of all Company, customer, and employee information in accordance with the confidentiality agreement signed at the commencement of employment with MMC.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to accommodate department coverage and customer needs.
- Adheres to MMC Culture related to respect for the individual, service to our customers and striving for excellence (See MMC employee handbook).
Education & Experience:
Bachelors or Master’s degree with five (5) to ten (10) years hands-on accounting experience.
Salary Range:$55,000- $70,000 annually