- Job Title
- Chief Surveyor
- Job ID
- Des Moines, IA 50322
- Other Location
As a Chief Surveyor for Bishop Engineering, you will oversee land surveys and manage a two man survey crew. You will be a key player in the development of central Iowa, and how we grow as a community. At Bishop Engineering you will also have opportunities to participate in community entrenchment, philanthropic events, attend sporting games, and participate in company sponsored family-fun like picnics and canoeing trips.
- Plan, organize, and direct work of surveying crew to determine location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas, and contours for future job sites.
- Provide on-site solutions, calculations, and troubleshooting for plan designs in real time.
- Help team grow their knowledge of surveying, survey plan analysis and design, and field calculations; ensure they have the necessary resources to execute high-quality projects safely, and on time.
- Experience in Field Surveying is Required.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Trimble Robotic and GPS is preferred.
- Previous experience with subdivision or private land development is preferred.
For additional questions on this role, please contact our recruiting team directly at (402) 290-6018 OR email@example.com
Founded in 1959, Bishop Engineering continues to be centered on a good work ethic and commitment to providing honest and knowledgeable service to our customers. We take pride in the fact that we have always been located in Urbandale and have had the opportunity to help shape communities in central Iowa through our involvement in various projects over the years. Although a lot has changed since the company’s birth, some things remain the same; Bishop is still dedicated to offering our clients the quality of service needed to attain engineering success.