Human Resources Generalist | OmniCable
- Job Title
- Human Resources Generalist | OmniCable
- Job ID
- West Chester, PA 19382
- Other Location
Human Resources Generalist | OmniCable - West Chester, PA
OmniCable, LLC (OmniCable) is a premier redistributor of wire and cable, electrical products, and value-added services. OmniCable empowers our industry to be successful by providing an exceptional experience through operational excellence, accuracy and precision, and a partnership approach. With a multi-million dollar inventory and the acquisition of Houston Wire & Cable, we offer distributors products from the industry’s leading manufacturers from our 24 North American distribution centers. Since our founding in 1977, we only sell to distributors.
Omni Cable is subsidiary of Dot Family Holdings. Our employees are all working towards the same goal, which is our mission statement: To be the best vendor to our customers, the best customer to our vendors, and the best employer to our employees. We believe in empowering your future!
What You’ll Do:
The HR Generalist will provide a high level of customer service to employees and managers as the front line contact for all HR-related matters with emphasis on policies, procedures and programs. The scope of this role includes fifteen regions across the United States and Canada along with our corporate headquarters.
This role is important in executing OmniCable’s people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, as well as driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. The HR Generalist must be comfortable working with both corporate and field based teams to answer questions, resolve issues and troubleshoot as needed across the breadth of HR operations. This is a hands-on, generalist role with ample opportunity to participate in the development of strategy and strive for continuous process improvement throughout the business.
- Advise employees in various human resources matters including interpersonal issues, training, and career development. Promote and maintain open-door policy.
- Champions company culture and emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
- Manage employee commitment and engagement activities and programs; identifying opportunities to foster desired culture through employee programs and effective communication.
- Administrator of the Learning Management System (LMS) in Paycom.
- Maintain accurate operational policies and procedures and employee documents including Employee Handbook, employee agreements and policy documents/acknowledgements; make recommendations for changes as needed
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding Human Resources
- Review disciplinary issues with management to identify and recommend best progressive discipline options, up to and including termination.
- Lead policy management including proactive compliance training program
- Administer exit and offboarding processes
- Conduct internal HR audits to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures
- Support employee benefit issues and partner with benefits department to resolve escalated benefit issues.
- Enthusiastically participate in all aspects of HR generalist work along with corporate-based HR team.
- A team-player attitude with a generous streak of curiosity and an entrepreneurial disposition.
- Minimum 2 years human resources generalist experience in distribution, manufacturing or hospitality.
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity, recognize trends, and identify systemic approaches to solving problems in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of employment legislation and regulations.
- Working exposure to multi-site, multi-state operations.
- Solid knowledge of HR computer software programs and systems (Paycom) as well as Microsoft Office is required.
- Experience managing multiple work streams
- A calm, level-headed demeanor and positive attitude when dealing with stressful situations
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Org Psychology or related field, or requisite experience required
- PHR/SPHR strong preferred
- Ability to travel – US and Canada (10-20%)
- Bilingual, a plus!
- Competitive Medical / Dental / Vision /Prescription Plans
- No-cost Life / STD / LTD / AD&D / Medical and Other Financing Programs (no interest)
- Health Savings & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401k Plan with company match
- Annual Profit Sharing Contribution to Retirement Savings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarship Fund
- Onboarding Program
- Mentorship Program
- Professional Development
- Work/ Life Balance Understanding
Mission Statement: To empower shared success by being the best vendor to our customers, the best customer to our vendors, and the best employer to our employees through innovation and collaboration.
- Required Skills
• A team-player attitude with a generous streak of curiosity and an entrepreneurial disposition.
• Minimum 7 years human resources generalist experience, preferred experience in distribution, manufacturing or hospitality.
• Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity, recognize trends, and identify systemic approaches to solving problems in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
• Comprehensive understanding of employment legislation and regulations.
• Working exposure to multi-site, multi-state operations.
• Solid knowledge of HR computer software programs and systems (Paycom) as well as Microsoft Office is required.
• Experience managing multiple work streams and dealing with competing priorities.
• A calm, level-headed demeanor and positive attitude when dealing with stressful situations
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Org Psychology or related field, or requisite experience required
• PHR/SPHR strongly preferred
• Ability to travel – US and Canada (10-20%)
• Bilingual strongly preferred