Quality Rating Assessor/Contract Consultant (Contract)
- Job Title
- Quality Rating Assessor/Contract Consultant (Contract)
- Job ID
- Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Other Location
Under general supervision, the Quality Rating Specialist will be providing trainings and technical assistance on a variety of ECE content matter, including (but not limited to) ECE Best Practices, ECERS-R, FCCERS-R, ITERS, CLASS Toddler, CLASS PreK and Infant CLASS. Additionally, they must maintain an overall reliability score of 90% on all applicable assessment tools.
Consistently promotes and models courteous Child360/community service in a prompt and efficient manner. Maintains positive relationships with all Child360 internal and external contacts through professional honest interaction. Responds to requests quickly and professionally recognizing that a request serves an organization and/or community need.
Supports Child360 vision of Education Justice: Every child will succeed in school and life.
Supports Child360 mission of advance early education program quality and capacity by supporting the development of the whole child, growing a qualified and diverse workforce, and strengthening family engagement. Create and sustain strategic partnerships and advocate for policies that promote access and program excellence.
- Develops external capacity of early education stakeholders and constituents
- Develops and delivers trainings on subject matter related to ECE best practices; current Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) concepts; Environment Rating Scale (ERS) and Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) tools; and other relevant ECE topics
- Provides technical assistance and troubleshooting to all internal and external stakeholders
- Serves as the clearinghouse for established and emerging departmental trainings.
- Serves as subject matter expert on a variety of assessment tools and programs.
- Provides necessary data and tracking on feedback loop and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) process
- Conducts assessments, as needed
- “Cleanses” scoresheets and Observation/Summary Reports to ensure that they provide helpful feedback for early education staff; are clearly written with appropriate sentence structure, grammar, and punctuation as well as for accuracy, clarity and sufficient documentation to support the scores given
- Submits “cleansed” scoresheets with approved Observation/Summary Reports according to prescribed timelines
- Must have the ability to perform required duties as assigned which may include traveling to sites, standing for long periods, working in inclement weather conditions, kneeling, bending, squatting, and lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to Child360 general safety practices and any unique safety practices for the department and/or building.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Knowledge of various learning theories and approaches
· Systemic thinking and planning skills
- Knowledge of business vocabulary and composition of business documents
- Ability to learn and apply routine office policies and procedures
- Reach and maintain annual “reliability” in CLASS Toddler, CLASS PreK, CLASS Infant, ECERS-R, FCCERS-R, and ITERS assessment tools
- Maintain familiarity with assessment-related materials including, but not limited to: Assessment manuals, Additional Notes for Clarification (ERS), USDA Guidelines, Playground Guidelines, Caring for Our Children, and CCLD requirements
- Maintain open communication with all members of the Quality Services team
Requirements / Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling and punctuation; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with staff, providers and stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills. Must be detail-oriented, flexible, and decisive with excellent customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to travel. Overnight travel required
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel both locally and outside of the local area (out of county and out of state as needed). Early morning, evening and weekend are required
- Must have a valid California Driver License and proof of Child360 required level of automobile insurance
Preferred Experience: 1 – 3 years’ experience conducting trainings or providing technical assistance in an ECE setting or related field. Experience conducting ERS or CLASS assessments
Formal Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Child Development or a related field preferred. Relevant training and/or assessment experience will be considered
Language proficiency: Proficient knowledge of English grammar required. Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish or English and any other commonly spoken language in Los Angeles County)
The availability and continuation of this position is contingent upon grant funding.
Child360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Child360 is an equal opportunity employer.