- Job Title
- Job ID
- Omaha, NE 68138
- Other Location
*Wage starting at $20/hr with a raise after 30 days of employment to $25/hr*
McArdle Grading Co. is a third generation, family-owned company based in Elkhorn, Nebraska. Recognized as an industry leader in excavation, demolition, and contract lowboy hauling; our roots run deep with over 65 years of experience. Utilizing the latest in machinery, equipment, and GPS technology, McArdle takes on all types and sizes of excavation projects with a goal of providing quality service while maintaining a reputation as a premier excavation contractor.
As a laborer, you will assist an experienced crew of hard-working individuals at job sites through a variety of work. This opportunity is great for someone who wants to make a big impact in the development of the region. This position offers diversity of tasks through a wide scope of projects such as the Facebook data center, Elkhorn North High School, Flanagan Lake, Werner Park, and other residential and commercial developments. You will experience career stability, leadership support, and enjoy an active lifestyle when you join our team.
- Demonstrate versatility through running shovels, rakes, placing rock/dirt, backfilling, and acting as a spotter for heavy equipment.
- Assist experienced foremen and other tradespeople with tasks that involve preparation and cleaning job sites, operation of tools, and loading/unloading of materials or equipment.
- Learn to operate construction equipment under guidance of skilled mentors; enhance your knowledge in various skilled trade specialties.
- Demonstrate best safety practices while lifting and moving various objects up to 50lbs, and in all-weather elements.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions is required.
- Ability to obtain OSHA 10 is highly preferred.
- Candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and may be subject to a background check.