Capital Project Estimator
- Job Title
- Capital Project Estimator
- Job ID
Capital Project Estimator
We are working with a rapidly growing company that uses state-of-the-art indoor farming techniques to produce pesticide-free baby-leaf greens. Our client is very dedicated to reducing the environmental impact of food and serving local communities. Seeking a talented Capital Project Estimator who will provide project support during the development, engineering, procurement, and construction phases of new and existing greenhouse projects.
Location: Irvington, NY
*Please note: Our client requires this individual to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Support the project estimating/budgeting process including collaboration with internal and external resources
- Perform cost control for $500M+ project budget utilizing a design builder and other key partners
- Perform financial analysis to assist project management team in making sound financial decisions
- Prepare status reports and other related project planning and controls documentation, including the collection, analysis, and presentation of regular information from major subcontractors
- Financial liaison to project managers for new build projects
- Use project management tools to monitor and report project progress, budget status, and cash flow
- Review and seek approval for invoices, coordinate payments to vendors and subcontractors
- Generate accounting reports at the end of the project
- Support the monthly/quarterly/yearly closing process, in coordination with the Finance and Project Management teams and other stakeholders
- Prepare commercial, project status & financial reporting during all project phases.
- Support operational CAPEX project planning, implementation close out and warranty management. When appropriate prepare ROI calculations to support project approvals.
- Participate in project design, implementation, and construction meetings as a support resource for the project manager support in project close out process including seeking final lien waivers, releasing retainage payments upon punch list completion
- Support finance team during audits of project financials when necessary
- Using bid data to prepare detailed a cost analysis
- Presenting prepared estimates to management and other stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field
- Industry experience as estimator
- Working experience in the construction industry
- 5+ years of relevant accounting or finance experience
- Knowledge of project management tools such as MS Project and cloud-based PM software
- Accounting and finance experience in the construction industry
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Attention to detail, hands on experience in budgeting, bookkeeping, and reporting
- Great communication skills and strong team player cross-functional relationships
- Passion for creating a healthier planet, environment & food supply. Mission driven.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills with strong focus on teamwork
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to manage numerous tasks efficiently
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing business environment and working on projects with tight schedules and demanding targets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), app-based programs, and cloud-based file structures
- Self-starter and ability to support multiple projects efficiently