- Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Job ID
- Mission Viejo, CA
- Other Location
Performs a variety of accounting duties according to established policies and procedures. Maintains contact with staff, vendors, and clients and observes confidentiality of company matters.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes computerized accounting software programs (NetSuite, QuickBooks, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Has strong GAAP foundation: accrual accounting, prepaids, fixed assets, revenue recognition
- Create and process journal entries
- Support month-end close process
- General ledger account reconciliations
- Reconcile bank statements
- Review and verify vendor bills and check requests for appropriate documentation
- Enter vendor bills into the accounting system
- Prepare and perform check runs
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Reconcile credit card charges and verify expenses with proper documentation (Concur)
- Review employee travel expenses to ensure adherence to client travel policies and approve for reimbursement (Concur)
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Research cash receipts, coding, and posting of receipts.
- Operate office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines, and 10-key calculator
- Reads, uses, and is familiar with computer systems manuals and procedures, maintains and updates procedural manuals as needed
- Maintenance and compliance of policies and procedures
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance required
Must have experience with and be proficient with NetSuite or similar software
Experience working in healthcare organization or services organization a plus
2+ years of experience
Knowledge of GAAP accounting
Experience working in a multi-site, multiple general ledger environment
Must have knowledge of AR/AP and inventory accounting
Must be very proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint. Microsoft Access a plus.
Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
Ability to effectively take initiative, multi-task competing priorities and remain focused/organized in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
Highly motivated, takes ownership and delivers on commitments
Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Positive attitude and team-player
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Desk job in an office environment - sitting at extended periods of time, some bending, lifting (10 lbs.), stooping, and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate written or online documentation.
- Involves frequent contact with staff and clients.
- Work may be fast-paced and stressful at times.