BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
All applicants are required to upload a current resume for consideration of employment.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Windows System Administrator
- Job Title
- Windows System Administrator
- Requirement ID
- Charleston, SC
- Other Location
Title: Windows System Administrator
Location: Charleston, SC (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-time
Responsibilities: The Windows Administrator ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to security policies and organizational values. Technical skills and focus should include the ability to assist with the design, implementation and documentation of Microsoft Windows operating systems and associated technology including virtualization, basic networking, application configuration, and integration with other data center infrastructure such as databases, SANs, and monitoring software. The candidate should have the ability and desire to learn new technologies and should not be limited to only Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Typical Duties Include:
- Responsible for maintaining a Windows Server 2008R2 domain with multiple site locations
- Responsible for sustaining current operations at geographically dispersed NOCs
- Designing new, innovative solutions for enhanced domain functionality
- Requires a self-starter with a proven track record of successful Windows/VMware infrastructure design, administration, and leadership, in a high visibility role
- Responsible for spearheading innovative technical solutions on a regular basis
- Experience with upgrading to functional domain level 2012R2, VMware 5.5 with emphasis on upgrading to VMware 6
- Comfortable working in a challenging, hands-on role while testing and experimenting with cutting-edge technologies as they emerge
- Support systems engineering planning, architectural analysis, trade analysis, systems design, and sustainment activities for customer systems
- Implement and provide technical Subject Matter Expertise (SME) across the system and Joint C4I systems and programs aligning with industry best practices
- Apply expertise in relevant technologies and protocols including reviewing candidate system production architectures, program implementation plans, test plans and results, site integration requirements, and integrated logistics support plans and policies, as they relate to modernization initiatives
- Provide on-site installation support by utilizing the application configuration guide and implementation plan to configure the system applications during the install, configuration, testing, scanning, software updates, patching, and trouble tickets
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain Microsoft Windows Servers 2008R2/2012R2
- Implement, manage, and administrate Microsoft IIS
- Deploy applications in a MS Windows Server 2008 & 2008 R2
- Utilize Active Directory Domain 2008R2/2012R2 – Windows domain GPOs and domain administration
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform testing and evaluation support to include technical input to the test request form and IV&V test plan. Support will include participating and supporting testing and evaluation events.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities - configure/add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Support various database environments - MS SQL Server 2008 R2 server environment (MS SQL Server 2012 is a plus), Oracle 10g, 11g, and Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2008 R2 is a plus
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+ or equivalent)
- Six (6) years of experience with engineering within Enterprise Hosting Environments to include experience with: Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Support, Test and Evaluation, or Logistics support of C4ISR requirements.
- Three (3) years of technical experience in support of Enterprise Hosting.
- 8+ years’ experience with Windows server (2003, 2008, 2012) platforms
- 8+ years’ experience with Windows Security Templates, Configuration and Analysis
- 8+ years’ experience with Windows Active Directory including Group Policy Object (GPO) usage
- Exposure to and familiarity with data center design including systems, storage, and networking
- A strong sense of urgency including self-governance on task priority
- Ability to interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues; resolve problems within established practices
- Ability to keep current on DoD/DoN and industry trends while working independently and as part of a team
- Prior experience with customer.
- Master’s degree.
- SCI access
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- BS degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science/Information Systems Technology.
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at email@example.com or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills