- Job Title
- Job ID
- Omaha, NE 68105
- Other Location
From state-of-the-art facilities to the runways, highways and bridges that connect them, our commitment to excellence remains unparalleled. We consistently complete projects ahead of schedule and under budget. We perform with tireless work ethic, precise attention-to-detail, comprehensive industry experience, and deep knowledge. As one of the largest construction companies in the Nebraska, we provide employees with long-term stability and advancement opportunities.
As a Carpenter for Hawkins, you will work in the field on day-to-day operations. You will make a direct impact on the successful completion of construction projects throughout Nebraska and Iowa. Hawkins Construction always looks to promote individuals from within our organization and this position has excellent potential for upward mobility for the right individual.
CARPENTER ROLE OBJECTIVES
- Erect steel and wooden forming systems, set and tie rebar, pour concrete, and drive piling.
- General use of a multitude of power tools.
- Potential for operating heavy construction equipment with the ability to enhance your knowledge and skills through in-house training programs.
- Demonstrate best safety practices while working at heights, moving construction materials, lifting various objects up to 50lbs, and working in all-weather elements.
- Ability to read a tape measure, perform simple layouts, pour and vibrate concrete, tie rebar walls and cages, build, set and dismantle forms
- Experience in proper rigging and signaling techniques
- AWS or State welding certificate is preferred
- Understanding of concrete pressures, setting anchor bolts and embedded steel, installing blocking, and driving pile is preferred
- Field experience is required
For additional questions on this role, please contact our recruiting team directly at (402) 290-6018 OR email@example.com.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions. This company shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national