Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
Nurse Research Coordinator
- Job Title
- Nurse Research Coordinator
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75265
- Other Location
The Nurse Research Coordinator role performs advanced-level research coordination to support IRB-approved clinical research across Methodist Health System and its affiliates. In addition to customary research coordination activities, the Nurse Research Coordinator, under the direction of the principal investigator, will perform study-related assessments and procedures, such as: physical examinations, transient elastography (TE), electrocardiogram (ECG) infusion therapy, phlebotomy, and administer medications as outlined in the research protocol.
- AA/BA/BS or higher in a science-related field - Required.
- 3 years of experience in industry-sponsored research – Required
- LVN or RN - Required.
- Certification from the Association of Clinical Research Professional (ACRP), Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA), or Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC) is highly preferred.
- Schedule, monitor, and manage a caseload of patients.
- Perform a variety of study-related procedures as indicated by the study protocol.
- Enter data into designated Electronic Data Capture (EDC) system with minimum error, and address queries in a timely manner.
- Assess and determine patient eligibility according to protocol criteria.
- Develop data collection tools and source documentation.
- Facilitate industry-sponsored research monitoring visits and audits.
- Complete other duties as assigned to support the Methodist Health System Clinical Research Institute.
- S/he must have effective organizational skills, a high-level of knowledge of EPIC or similar EHR/EMR, the ability to efficiently abstract data from patient medical records, as well as understands medical terminology for a variety of medical disciplines.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel locally regularly.