Tool and Die Maker
- Job Title
- Tool and Die Maker
- Job ID
- Omaha, NE 68110
- Other Location
Whether it is concepting new ideas or improving an existing product to enhance productivity – Ceres is ready to help bring ideas to life. We provide concept generation, detailed design, prototyping, testing, refinement, as well as manufacturing specialized machinery and purpose-built attachments. Our team of Mechanical, Industrial and Electrical Engineers has over 100 years of combined experience, and they, along with our technicians, welders and fabricators, complete our team of experts in analyzing concept generation, designing, and specifying components for complex systems and then bring them to life through our manufacturing capabilities.
Ceres is looking for a Tool and Die Maker to perform a variety of operations related to the production of metal products by use of a variety of fabrication machines under limited supervision. The Tool and Die Maker will work closely with an Engineering team to produce high quality parts, tooling, and heavy machinery components that meet or exceed customer drawing specifications.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Operate Machining Center/Vertical Mill and other workstations related to the fabrication of metal components as production and engineering needs require.
- Follow blueprints, layouts, templates, and work orders to obtain various shapes, designs, contours and dimensions.
- Sets up and machine by analyzing work orders, retrieving and loading metal material from stock, downloading programs, creating and entering program parameters of job, selecting type of cut and cutting piece.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Design fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering needs.
- Stage materials and prepare workstations for metal fabrication by organizing, retrieving, and transporting metal materials from stock by use of hand, overhead crane, and/or forklift.
- Maintain specifications by observing, cutting, taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Perform in-process and post-production quality checks (frequency of inspection) to ensure parts being produced continue to meet customer drawing specifications and engineering standards.
- Provide quality in all goods and services delivered to internal and external customers through an approach of thorough planning, responsible implementation and continuous improvement.
TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
- We are interested in knowing the nuts and bolts of who you are, so tell us about your proud moments and accomplishments that got you to where you are today.
- Tell us about your related experiences and training.
- Let us know how your background aligns with this position’s responsibilities.
- Medical (and FSA/HSA plans), Dental, Vision Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement and In-house Training Dept.
- Paid Military Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Safety Glasses and Boot Program
Ceres specializes in equipment and attachments that require a high degree of mechanical, hydraulic and/or electrical functionality. Our team of engineers, along with our technicians, welders and fabricators, have over 100 years of combined experience in:
- Concept Generation
- Specifying complex systems
- Manufacturing capabilities