Standard Plumbing and Heating is the industry’s leader in service and design in HVAC and Control, HVAC Sheet Metal, Custom HVAC and Plumbing Systems and Full-Service Plumbing. The experts at Standard Plumbing and Heating service all mechanical operations, HVAC systems, back flow, boilers, chillers, air conditioning and heating as well as industrial processes for commercial and industrial facilities.
HVAC Service Technician (Journeyman Level) - Commercial
- Job Title
- HVAC Service Technician (Journeyman Level) - Commercial
- Job ID
- Canton, OH 44702
- Other Location
At Standard Plumbing and Heating, our success begins with our people. Our dynamic and talented team of professionals are committed to providing outstanding customer service and helping us lead the industry in craftsmanship, technology, and safety. We offer a company culture that values integrity, responsibility, and education, and we strive to facilitate long-term relationships with our employees and customers. If you are looking for a reliable company and want to be part of a winning team, we would love to hear from you!
The HVAC Technician installs and maintains heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and boiler systems. This position performs tests and analysis of data to ensure the proper functioning of equipment and provide recommendations to customers. The Technician will monitor, evaluate, and troubleshoot operating equipment and controls to ensure continued safe operation and life cycle performance.
The pay for this position is based on experience, depending on union skill set.
What You'll Do:
- Perform routine repairs to pump seals, bearing, etc.
- Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications or to detect and locate malfunctions
- Determine customer concerns with HVAC and boiler systems
- Follow standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area
- Discuss heating-cooling system malfunctions with customers to isolate problems or verify resolution
- Record and report faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders
- Test pipe or tubing joints or connections for leaks
- Adjust system controls to setting recommended by manufacturer to balance system
- Recommend, develop, or perform maintenance procedures such as cleaning, power-washing, or vacuuming equipment, lubricate parts, or changing filters
- Install auxiliary components to heating-cooling equipment, such as expansion and discharge valves, air ducts, pipes, blowers, dampers, flues, and stokers, following blueprints
- Coordinate with repair and maintenance teams to assist in other work
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats, and timers
- Generate work orders that address deficiencies in need of correction
- Connect pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water, or refrigerant source, to form complete circuit
- Assemble, position and mount heating or cooling equipment, following blueprints
- Study blueprints, design specifications, and manufacturers' recommendations to ascertain the configuration of heating or cooling equipment components and to ensure the proper installation of components
- Cut or drill holes in floors, walls, or roof to install equipment, using power saws or drills; Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe/tubing using pipe fitter's tools
- Fabricate, assemble, or install duct work or chassis parts, using portable metal-working tools or welding equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Company paid training
- Above market wages
- Reliable and clean company vehicle
- Company provided uniforms, tools, and equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent and 5 years of documentable HVAC level operation, maintenance and repair experience in the HVAC and refrigeration trade
- Knowledge of HVAC repairs, maintenance, and installation techniques, electrical circuits, wiring and operating principles of motors, and local electrical codes
- Communicate with internal team and customers, follow written and verbal instructions, interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material, perform math, and diagnose and resolve problems
- Physically able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment including electronic and diagnostic tools, recovery equipment, hand and power tools, and various other HVAC equipment
- This position requires: stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, crawling, reaching, walking, lifting, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, and moving or carrying objects or materials
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.