Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
Coder 2 MMG
- Job Title
- Coder 2 MMG
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75265
- Other Location
Responsible for assignment of accurate CPT/HCPCS, ICD10, and appropriate modifiers from medical record documentation (paper or electronic) for both outpatient and inpatient professional encounters. Assist in auditing E&M services against documentation (paper or electronic) within the medical record. Aid in training and educating providers and staff on coding issues, and play a significant role in coding compliance activities.
Your Job Requirements
- Bachelor Degree preferred -OR- Associate degree in Health Information Management preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years recent experience in the outpatient (primary care & surgical) setting.
- Surgical coding in Trauma, General Surgery, Orthopedics, and/or Neurosurgery preferred.
- Must hold Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist – Physician (CCS-P) with the appropriate level of experience.
- Cardiology coder preferred.
- Cardiothoracic coder preferred.
- Interventional Cardiology coder preferred.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
- Be accountable for your performance
- Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
- Take initiative for your professional growth
- Be engaged and eager to build a winning team