Underground Utility Foreman
- Job Title
- Underground Utility Foreman
- Job ID
- Sioux Falls, SD 57107
- Other Location
Soukup - a family name with a family-focused environment. Together, our team of friends, builders, and leaders help to shape South Dakota through site development projects, utility work, sheet piling, and demolition. Our fleet is composed of well-maintained, late-model equipment which allows our crews to provide exceptional value and exceed customer expectations. Love what you do and earn a great benefits package that makes working for Soukup even more rewarding. Learn more from some of Soukup’s employees: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ2Wffci4JG16QGI2jxBNeg.
As an Underground Utility Foreman for Soukup, you will lead a crew tasked with installing sanitary sewer water and storm sewer infrastructure. As the crew leader, you will be tasked with operating heavy equipment and directing your crew on the installation of the appropriate utilities. You will act as the point of contact to streamline communication and directing project progress. Safety remains Soukup’s number one priority; you will lead your crew by example in best safety practices and procedures. This position is a great opportunity for someone experienced with underground utility installation and who is looking to step into a leadership role. The hours range from 55 – 60 hours per week during the summer and there will be guaranteed employment during the winter months. This is a non-exempt (eligible for overtime rates) position paying up to $35 hourly, depending on experience.
- Lead critical components of jobsite underground utility functions; train and direct crew on the assembly and installation of pipe and fittings.
- Operate utility installation equipment in a safe manner; determine equipment and materials needed to complete each project.
- Influence jobsite safety, project planning & productivity, jobsite setup procedures, and customer-facing communication; identify and work to resolve any jobsite problems.
- Communicate space requirements and inventory needs to jobsite superintendents and general contractor representatives in a timely manner.
- Safely performs job tasks in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations; safeguards the safety of other employees, customers, and company assets.
- Experience installing sanitary sewer, water and storm sewer infrastructure required
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and staking required
- Valid Drivers License and clean driving record required
- Health insurance as low as $1 per week
- Dental, vision, and accident insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401k with Company match
For more information, contact email@example.com or 605-332-5282.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions. This company shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.