Continuous Improvement Specialist (VA)
- Job Title
- Continuous Improvement Specialist (VA)
- Job ID
Continuous Improvement Specialist
We are working with a rapidly growing company that uses state-of-the-art indoor farming techniques to produce pesticide-free baby-leaf greens. Our client is very dedicated to reducing the environmental impact of food and serving local communities. Seeking a talented Continuous Improvement Specialist who will be an essential part of the greenhouse management team. This individual will be responsible for driving process improvement work at our greenhouses by working closely with Operations team.
Location: Elkwood, Virginia
*Please note: Our client requires this individual to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Lead continuous improvement projects and activities with plant management
- Use CI, LEAN tools, and analytical skills to identify and prioritize ci projects
- Map and analyze processes to reduce waste and improve efficiencies
- Lead Kaizen/ problem-solving events at the greenhouses to improve operations KPIS
- Perform data collection and analytics set up for greenhouse operations
- Prepare and analyze historical data on yields and climate/grow factors to improve,
- Actual crop yields and quality
- Ability to accurately forecast future yields
- Ability to use manual and auto data collection systems as well as work with machine learning/artificial intelligence applications in future for data capture and analysis
- Coordinate with cross-functional project groups including operations, sales, engineering, and finance to develop and implement process improvements
- Develop and providing ci/lean training on site
- Organize project scopes, relevant data, cost estimates to assist in the preparation of capital projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or commensurate continuous improvement experience
- Skilled in yield optimization and cost reduction, process cycle time, capability analysis, DOE etc.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data to make decisions
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Self-starter and a problem solver with strong relationship building and communication skills. Ability to navigate a dynamic and quickly evolving environment is a must!
- Excellent decision-making and troubleshooting skills.
- Candidates must sincerely care about leading the movement to improve the environmental impact of the food supply chain.