Interested in joining our team?
Learn more about our available positions below.
- Job Title
- Compliance Manager
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37205
- Other Location
Reporting to the Corporate Compliance Officer and Arrangements Officer, this position is responsible for supporting the Programmatic and CIA requirements for ION’s Compliance Program. Particular areas of focus are likely to include compliance training, policies, exclusion screening, communications, investigations and arrangements/database management. Areas of expertise should include the federal Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, False Claims Act, and other laws and regulations related to healthcare compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Support day-to-day compliance matters and policy questions.
- Maintain, develop and implement compliance policies and procedures.
- Support ION’s compliance training program including content creation, trainee enrollment, delivery, tracking, reporting and corrective action.
- Assist with the annual review of ION’s compliance program by its Board and IRO.
- Manage ION’s business courtesy expense monitoring program, exclusion screening process and the tracking and reporting of corrective actions.
- Support the creation of Compliance Management Committee and Board Compliance Committee materials and presentations.
- Understand and document key processes, programs and initiatives.
- Support the maintenance of ION’s compliance program document management and tracking systems.
- Assist with execution of annual risk assessment.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a legal or compliance professional familiar with the development, implementation and/or sustaining of an effective compliance program
- Experience in healthcare dealing with federal healthcare program laws including, but not limited to Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark, False Claims Act and Civil Monetary Penalty Law and CMS regulations a definite plus
- Solid social and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Hard worker
- Positive attitude
- Demonstrated project management experience required
- Prefer prior experience with legal/regulatory advice to healthcare providers
- Prefer prior experience with conducting compliance investigations
- Prefer prior experience working under a CIA/DPA or advising clients related to CIA/DPA requirements
- Demonstrated ability to present and communicate effectively
- Experience supervising work performed by outside vendors and contractors
- Superior drafting and communication skills required
- Proven track record of collaborative problem solving
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with managing data analytics projects
- Strong references