- Job Title
- Shop Technician
- Job ID
- Omaha, NE 68110
- Other Location
Whether it is concepting new ideas or improving an existing product to enhance productivity – Ceres is ready to help bring ideas to life. We provide concept generation, detailed design, prototyping, testing, refinement, as well as manufacturing specialized machinery and purpose-built attachments. Our team of Mechanical, Industrial and Electrical Engineers has over 100 years of combined experience, and they, along with our technicians, welders and fabricators, complete our team of experts in analyzing concept generation, designing, and specifying components for complex systems and then bring them to life through our manufacturing capabilities.
Ceres is looking for a Shop Technician to join our team! If you are just in the development stages of your career, we have training opportunities that will allow you to work alongside a veteran technician and gain the skills and knowledge that you need to be successful in this position. If you are an experienced technician that can perform the primary job duties, we have opportunities that will allow you to get going right away. Throughout your career with us, our Technical Training team will continue to develop your skills. If you show up, work hard, have a good attitude and try - this team will not let you fail!
If you have any questions prior to applying, please reach out to our Recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-891-7555.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Installs new hydraulic, electrical and mechanical systems/circuits to meet customer needs and requests. Installs new systems/circuits to operate new and older attachments.
- Repairs damaged or improper functioning equipment and attachments. Troubleshoots any circuit or failure by use of computer software, hand and pneumatic tools. References Service Information Systems (SIS) to locate service letters and service magazines pertaining to failures and technical issues.
- Tests and adjusts new, used and updated products/machinery to ensure new designs, circuits and products are set to perform to fullest potential.
- Finds and locates parts needed for development of new products and repairs. Researches SIS and outside sources to find components to perform desired functions required, along with safety, ergonomic, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical products.
- Collaborates between various departments finding most efficient and productive way to meet the customer’s needs.
- Medical (and FSA/HSA plans), Dental, Vision Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement and In-house Training Dept.
- Paid Military Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Safety Glasses and Boot Program
Ceres specializes in equipment and attachments that require a high degree of mechanical, hydraulic and/or electrical functionality. Our team of engineers, along with our technicians, welders and fabricators, have over 100 years of combined experience in:
- Concept Generation
- Specifying complex systems
- Manufacturing capabilities
Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions. Ceres shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.