Quotation Specialist | OmniCable
- Job Title
- Quotation Specialist | OmniCable
- Job ID
- West Chester, PA 19382
- Other Location
Quotation Specialist | OmniCable, West Chester, PA
OmniCable, LLC (OmniCable) is a premier redistributor of wire and cable, electrical products, and value-added services. OmniCable empowers our industry to be successful by providing an exceptional experience through operational excellence, accuracy and precision, and a partnership approach. With a multi-million dollar inventory and the acquisition of Houston Wire & Cable, we offer distributors products from the industry’s leading manufacturers from our 24 North American distribution centers. Since our founding in 1977, we only sell to distributors.
Omni Cable is subsidiary of Dot Family Holdings. Our employees are all working towards the same goal, which is our mission statement: To be the best vendor to our customers, the best customer to our vendors, and the best employer to our employees. We believe in empowering your future!
What You’ll Do:
In this role you will report directly to the Director of Corporate Sales and partner with our sales team by providing customer quotations for larger requests from the customer base and product development opportunities; which result in profitable sales revenue to the company. The successful candidate will support the overall sales strategy through efficient and timely responses in conjunction with coordinating these opportunities with our vendors.
- Utilize senior level knowledge and experience to make judgement and discretionary decisions determining what product specifications, applications, and pricing are necessary to maximize profitability and value-add for a specific project
- Reviews and analyzes bid requirements to identify product and service options that align with clients’ plans and specifications while maintaining company goals and targets
- Researches and prices options and alternatives, and follows-up as needed to ensure pricing is submitted in accordance with clients’ expectations and timelines
- Solicits quotes from suppliers to ensure pricing received is accurate, includes all items requested, and that it is returned within the required timeframe. Any special requirements from the supplier need to be communicated through the account manager and subsequently to the customer
- Reviews and verifies customers history to ensure pricing and other terms are consistent with prior bids, provides market intelligence as required
- Analyzes changes in market conditions as they apply to project opportunities, communicates to the team
- Correlates all cost and sell information with bid date and project schedule/shipping deadlines to ensure product availability and client satisfaction
- Prepares recommended final submittals, pricing, and gross margin for review with Director of Corporate Sales and Sales Representatives.
- Makes corrections and updates to bids/proposals as changes occur
- Proofs work and performs initial quality control review of proposal prior to submission to Director of Corporate Sales; e.g., verifies all items are properly counted and included, part numbers match, etc. so that customer has the correct data to place client orders
- Maintains accurate paperwork and job files electronically and physically to facilitate smooth transition of information from start to finish.
- Coordinates with Sales Representative and Director of Sales to ensure timely follow-up with client and to ensure bids meet clients’ expectations and needs
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other Quotation Specialists, assist in the development of improved team processes and best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or an equivalent level of experience required
- 5+ years wire and cable sales experience required
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as margins, markup, and discounts as well as apply concepts such as percentages, fractions, ratios, and proportions in practical situations.
- Ability apply to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form. Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated track record of over-achieving on larger size opportunities
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Broad/Strong knowledge of product line and pricing
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to meet important deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Competitive Medical / Dental / Prescription Plans
- No-cost medical financing as well as Life / STD / LTD / AD&D
- Health Savings & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with competitive employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarship Fund
- Professional Development
- Flexible Workplace
Mission Statement: To empower shared success by being the best vendor to our customers, the best customer to our vendors, and the best employer to our employees through innovation and collaboration.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or an equivalent level of experience required
• 5+ years wire and cable sales experience required
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as margins, markup, and discounts as well as apply concepts such as percentages, fractions, ratios, and proportions in practical situations.
• Ability apply to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form. Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Demonstrated track record of over-achieving on larger size opportunities
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Broad/Strong knowledge of product line and pricing
• Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to meet important deadlines in a fast paced environment.