Centric Fiber is a start-up telecommunications Company that is looking to disrupt the market and provide the fastest most reliable service for Internet and Phone service available. Centric Fiber partners with home builders to install superior fiber infrastructure directly in the ground during beginning phases of development. This means all homes in a community are already hardwired for high-speed fiber internet, without added costs or complications.
WE'VE GOT SOME SWEET GIGS, CHECK 'EM OUT!
- Job Title
- Network Architect
- Job ID
- THE WOODLANDS, TX 77382
- Other Location
The Network Architect will own Access Architecture responsibilities generating Mass Markets network growth and devising evolution plans in support of Centric’s High-speed Internet services over Fiber technologies by providing high quality designs with a focus on End-to-End service stability and total cost of ownership. This position will be responsible for providing consultative technical expertise which includes the preparation and presentation of detailed designs and configuration blueprints for complex solutions in the areas of routing, switching, wireless and security. The architect would be expected to be hands-on and would be eventual escalation point in case of complex issues/outages.
- Specific work will be in defining, designing, and documenting Access Architectures with a focus on standardizing deployments.
- Primary daily working role is the focus on Centric’s network planning and network Layer 1 and 2 architectures.
- Regularly interact with the President and executive leadership through presentations and discussions driving understanding of the technology, why we need it, and how to position the network enablement for maximum performance and customer experience.
- The principal architect will also work directly with procurement in acquiring the best products at sustainable pricing. through direct interaction as well as leading RFx projects as the technical lead.
- This architecture position will also work closely with the Customer Experience team to understand the service requirements and create understanding with Operations and IT through clear and thorough architecture design reviews.
- Direct managed oversight for a growing team of NOC personnel.
- Independent, high work-ethic with limited supervision and ability to make critical decision are all key attributes for ultimate success in this role.
- Develops and implements architecture and engineering standards and procedures for Centric’s Access Network Equipment.
- Participates with peers and executive management in defining the network strategy
- Performs technical and economic evaluation and guide modeling exercises defining the optimal total cost of deployment.
- Serve as primary network consultant to various teams and provide technical expertise in the design and planning of networks
- Mentor junior level engineers and provide technical/managerial guidance to direct reports.
- Interface with Vendors regarding evaluation, implementation, and support of deployed network gear and circuits. Holds accountability for circuit negotiations and contracting.
- Research and define three to five year roadmap and strategy related to various aspects of the Access network.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering/Computer Science OR 12 years of relevant experience in Telecom Network High-Speed Internet deployment.
- Technical Knowledge and experience with deployed GPON and XGS-PON OLT/ONT equipment.
- Technical Knowledge and experience with End-to-End Consumer Network components (BRAS, Ethernet Switches, Transport, etc.)
- Detailed understanding and experience with end-to-end High-Speed Internet services. (Network configs, Layer 2, Transport, PPPoE and/or DHCP authentication, etc.)
- Technical Knowledge and High-Level experience in various Network Operation Environments (NMS systems, Inventory, Provisioning and Activation systems, etc.)
- Proficiency in configuring a GPON OLT/ONT and Ethernet gateways to provide High-Speed Internet services. (PPPoE, or DHCP authentication)
- Proficiency in understanding and configuring Voice services including derived Voice and VoIP protocols. (GR-303; GR-008; SIP/C-SIP, etc.)
- Fully proficient in MPLS network architecture design and BGP routing protocols.
- Proficiency in understanding and configuring TV streaming protocols. (SPTS, MGEG 2 or 4, etc.)
- Accomplished written and verbal communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to handle interrupt drive, fast-paced discussions as well as practical negotiation tactics.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills executing all work with a high level of professionalism.
- Base pay + Bonus
- Great benefits
- Generous PTO Policy
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- 401k with 4% match