Plant Director (Southeast)
- Job Title
- Plant Director (Southeast)
- Job ID
This is a Plant Director role for a large, state of the art food manufacturing facility near Greenville, SC. This is an outstanding opportunity with an extremely fast-growing company in the natural/organic food industry with a lot of career growth potential over the next few years as they continue to expand their operations.
*Please note: Our client requires this individual to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Oversee operations for our state-of-the-art commercial food manufacturing facility, to ensure achievement of high-performance standards in all manufacturing metrics & KPI’s.
- Lead a culture focused on continuous improvement in the areas of associate engagement, being a zero-injury workplace, and delivering sustainable results.
- Directly supervise manufacturing team responsible for all aspects of production and achieving key performance measurements related to personnel safety, quality and food safety, service, and cost, while continually improving process reliability and performance.
- Develop, assess, modify, and implement standard procedures and operating systems in sanitation, safety, quality, preventative maintenance, and GMP’s. Track and ensure adherence to Quality, Safety, and Best Practice Implementation of KPI’s.
- Build a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, and professionalism, demonstrating active support of the Company’s values and policies.
- Extend capabilities to meet market needs and support profitable growth of the products produced by the facility.
- Build an organization that is customer focused, flexible, and has a strong business acumen.
- Ensure the best quality products and excellent customer service by maintaining regular quality audits, good manufacturing practices, compliance with federal/state/local regulations (FDA, OSHA, Department of Agriculture, Department of Health, etc.), and HACCP, while meeting or exceeding Global Food Safety Standards, environmental compliance and DOT mandates.
- 10+ years of experience working in a food manufacturing environment
- Prior experience leading a fast-growing, high volume manufacturing facility with a strong, servant leadership mentality.
- Demonstrated experience scaling up a fast-growing manufacturing facility in a dynamic organization while also driving standardization and efficiencies
- Demonstrated leadership of safety initiatives and track record leading the improvement of operations while delivering day to day performance.
- Strong understanding and exposure to the operations of all plant departments: production, quality, maintenance, materials management, controllership, etc.
- Participative management style and excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience building a strong management team and promoting teamwork in multiple locations across all departments.