Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN
- Job Title
- Registered Respiratory Therapist PRN
- Job ID
- Richardson, TX 75082
- Other Location
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is responsible for a variety of therapeutic and diagnostic procedures including ABG, PFT’s, and various forms of ventilator support, oxygen and aerosol therapy, bronchial hygiene therapy and airway maintenance. You will be expected to be proficient with the respiratory assessment and respiratory treatment of both adults and neonates. These procedures are performed under the indirect supervision of the department’s medical director, according to departmental policies and procedures. The RRT must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, understanding and ability to care for patients of all age groups; and be sensitive to the diverse and unique needs of patients based on age, sex, race and culture.
Your Job Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care Program
- Current BLS certification required
- Current ACLS certification required
- NRP, PALS — must obtain within 1 year of hire
- Currently licensed in good standing as a Respiratory Care Practitioner by Texas Medical Board
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care
- At least 1 year of respiratory care experience.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Performs respiratory therapeutics to include oxygen administration and weaning, aerosol and humidity therapy, IPPB, Incentive Spirometry, airway maintenance, bronchial hygiene, chest physiotherapy, CPR and mechanical ventilation.
- Performs and reports prescribed cardiopulmonary diagnostic procedures to include arterial blood gas analysis, pulse oximetry, pulmonary function studies, and electrocardiograms.
- Prepares a treatment evaluation to include a bedside respiratory physical assessment, patient interview and a review of patient’s medical record.
- Perform appropriate actions using critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to interpret the CXR, ABG, and PFT’s when reviewing patient data.
- Assembles, checks, operates and troubleshoots all cardiopulmonary equipment such as artificial airways, ventilators, oxygen analyzers, oxygen delivery devices and blood gas analyzers.
- Participates in tasks related to infection control, safety and quality assurance.
- Performs required cleaning and maintenance of all cardiopulmonary equipment and work areas.
- Utilizes appropriate customer scripting as evidenced by observation and improved patient satisfaction.
- Perform other job duties as required
Methodist Richardson Medical Center is a 284-bed, full-service hospital that serves Richardson, Garland, Plano, and the surrounding areas in Dallas and Collin counties. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence, it was the first healthcare facility to earn the Texas Award for Performance Excellence, patterned after the renowned Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. We also provide care at Methodist Richardson Medical Center – Campus for Continuing Care, which offers a behavioral health and addiction recovery unit, inpatient rehabilitation and long-term acute care, a full-service emergency department, and more. Methodist Richardson strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
- Magnet®-designated hospital
- First in the nation to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Pancreatic/Hepatic/Biliary Cancer Certification
- ANCC Pathway to Excellence® Program
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association
- American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center Gold Plus, 2019
- Certified Quality Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
- Robotic da Vinci® Surgical System for minimally invasive procedures
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist