Assembly and Test Technician
- Job Title
- Assembly and Test Technician
- Job ID
- Atlanta, GA 30309
- Other Location
Axion BioSystems, is a rapidly growing, private equity backed life science tools company located in Atlanta, GA. The Company is a leading manufacturer of microelectrode array (MEA) and impedance systems used to evaluate the biology of networked cells (e.g., neurons, cardiac cells, lung and liver) for applications such as cancer research, vaccine development, modeling neurological disease and drug development. Axion’s products are used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies, governmental agencies, and universities for drug safety, drug discovery, cell and gene therapy development and disease modeling assays.
Axion is seeking a temporary Production Technician in our assembly and test department to support the increasing demand for our products around the world. Our technicians assemble, tune and troubleshoot complex electromechanical assemblies. This is an onsite day shift position located in the north Midtown area of Atlanta.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines and/or diagrams to assemble and test electro-mechanical systems
- Flexible in changing from assigned tasks without diminishing the quality of the products
- Troubleshoot and repair of systems and implement repair activities
- Participate in continuous improvement projects and 5S activities within manufacturing
- Proactive mindset with drive for continuous improvement
- Document production inspection activities and complete quality inspection records
- Other duties as assigned
- Ideal candidates will have an associates degree in electronics and/or previous experience with electro-mechanical assembly and systems testing
- Ability to work effectively independently or within teams
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to solder to IPC610 standards preferred
- Detail-oriented and ability to organize work based on priorities
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Proficiency in use of computers and software to include MS Excel and company ERP system
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US (position not eligible for visa sponsorship)