- Job Title
- Production Planner
- Job ID
We are working with a rapidly growing plant-based food company that is looking for a Production Planner who will be responsible for sourcing and planning production for all SKUs and trials, as well as, being involved in overall operations strategy, reporting, and budget tracking. This individual will report to the Director of Operations.
Location: This is hybrid role. Will need to be commutable to their NYC HQ’s 2-3 times a week.
- Review forecasts with demand and sales planning team
- Identify and call out production and sourcing risks pertaining to the forecast as part of the S&OP process
- Source volumes for production across multiple manufacturing facilities
- Serve as point of contact with manufacturing facilities; develop relationships with co-manufacturers
- Analyze operational data to track key KPI’s (sourcing, production, delivery, forecast accuracy, etc)
- Evaluate costs for production, storage, and logistics and provide optimization strategies
- Assist in building yearly budget
- Utilize SAP enterprise tool to issue and receive PO’s for production
- Develop and maintain planning models
- Must have 3-5 years' experience in Supply Chain and Operations (food & beverage experience preferred)
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Business, or an applicable field of study
- Must have strong MS excel proficiency; able to create models using pivot tables and other advanced techniques
- Must have strong data analytic capabilities and the ability to communicate and present results to all tiers of the company (team through executive)
- Needs to excel in a startup environment and is excited to create new procedures and processes from scratch and has a strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Needs to be a problem solver, have a general manager mindset and take the initiative to get the job done. Possess strong negotiation, presentation and relationship-building skills.
- Must be a natural leader who works well in teams and cross-functional groups in a matrixed environment both regionally and globally.