Information Security Consultant
- Job Title
- Information Security Consultant
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work From Home,
- Other Location
About the Role
As an Information Security Consultant, you will deliver risk and compliance services/assessments to mitigate existing and future security risks. You will also propose security controls for long-term solutions in a Healthcare environment while working closely with clients and partnering with your internal Leadership team and colleagues.
The Ideal Candidate
Someone who can execute and conduct consulting engagements and information security risk assessments based on industry standards (HIPAA/HITRUST, NERC, PCI-DSS, GLBA, FFIEC, SOC2, NIST, ISO) onsite with clients while providing superior customer service and fostering those relationships to build trust to secure future business. Ability to respond to advisory service requests to address and answer client questions using information security management and strategic guidance to develop the client’s information security programs. Exceptional writing skills needed to deliver reports detailing findings and associated recommendations for information security programs to help meet the client’s security and compliance standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience in IT and/or Security.
- 2+ years experience in security or risk management, performing security assessments in a client-facing/consulting role.
- Professionalism, problem-solving, customer-facing and handling skills, time management, written and verbal communication, presentation skills, active listening, and flexibility.
- Working knowledge of risk and security frameworks, standards, and best practices (e.g. HIPAA, COBIT, NIST, ISO 27001/2).
- Ability to think holistically and identify areas of technical and non-technical risk.
- Experience writing technical reports and presenting to non-technical audiences.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous and/or undefined situations.
- Must be available for regular travel.
- Relevant risk and/or security certification(s) preferred (CISSP, CISA, CISM, C-Risk, or equivalent).
CynergisTek is a top-ranked cybersecurity and information management consulting firm dedicated to serving the healthcare industry. CynergisTek offers specialized services and solutions to help organizations achieve privacy, security, compliance, and document output goals. Since 2004, the company has served as a partner to hundreds of healthcare organizations and is dedicated to supporting and educating the industry by contributing to relevant industry associations.