Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
Patient Placemnt - Trans Cntr RN
- Job Title
- Patient Placemnt - Trans Cntr RN
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75265
- Other Location
The Patient Placement and Transfer Coordinator Registered Nurse (RN) facilitates the transfer of patients to and within the Methodist Health System (MHS) System. The primary function of the position is to facilitate physicians/consumers access to MHS hospitals through the Patient Placement and Transfer Center (PPTC). The above is accomplished through the use of medical staff or organizational accepted criteria and participation in ongoing clinical improvement, hospital, and medical staff quality initiatives.
Your Job Requirements:
• Graduate from an accredited nursing program.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) required, (waiver may be granted for ADN with equivalent experience, knowledge, skills and Director Approval.)
• Work Experience: 3 years or more of healthcare experience – minimum 2 years acute hospital experience, preferably Adult Critical Care and House Supervisor.
• Must have current RN license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas.
• Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co- worker) the weight of an average patient/the heaviest object specific to the department.
• Being able to lift 10 lbs- 50 IBS maximum and occasional lifting and/or carrying articles
Your Job Responsibilities:
• Manages day to day PPTC calls. Facilitates the coordination of patient's Placement and Transfer with physicians, staff RNs, and other departments while meeting state and federal regulations (COBRA/EMTALA).
• Assures PPTC calls will be processed in accordance with the standards and protocols. Identifies and reports quality issues to support Medical Staff QA.
• Matches patient needs and system resources to optimize the value of the service for patients, referral sources, and for MHS System facilities.
• Provides follow-up calls and communications with both internal and external customers to ensure stakeholder’s needs are met.
• Assures compliance with departmental standards related to PPTC workflows; receipt, tracking, documentation, format and meeting timelines.
• Report trends in PPTC workflows to management team and identifies opportunities for improved performance and presents to management team.
• Uses problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the hospital.
• Exemplifies highest level of customer service skills and etiquette with internal and external customers, striving to be friendly and helpful on each call and to answer calls according to PPTC defined times