Job Title: Fiber Splicer Business Unit: Congruex Spliceco Department: Construction Employment Status: Full-time, Non-exempt, Hourly Compensation:We will determine salary based on skills and experience in relation to the function of the role, as well as equity to any other employees in the same or similar role. Company Profile: Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest end-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex. Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks. Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, IMPROVING ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex.
Fiber Splicer and/or Tester to perform work in the Valparaiso, IN area
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
Ability to read prints and understand the fiber optic color code to install and test fiber cable in a variety of environments (underground, aerial).
· Ability to use fiber fusion splicing machines (including a mass fusion splicing machine) and operate a variety of different OTDR and power meters.
· Ability to place of both aerial and underground splice closures along with a variety of other closures common to the splicing and termination of fiber optic cables.
· Perform testing utilizing OTDRs, Power Meter/Light Sources and VFLs. Record and document testing per customer specifications.
· Bond and ground fibers according to client specifications.
· Always maintain a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers and adhere to safety practices and procedures.
· Additional responsibilities as directed by the Foreman/Construction Manager.
· Familiarization with Fujikura splicing tools and materials is a plus Required Skills & Qualifications:
1 + years of experience as a fiber splicer
· Experience while working from blueprints, specifications, and system documentation.
· Will have a thorough working knowledge of most widely used construction practices of fiber cable.
· Current valid driver’s license with a clean driving record is required.
· Must be capable of carrying a 24-foot ladder and wearing fall protection when needed.
· Work up to 6 days per week in an all-weather environment and be willing to travel as required.
· All applicants must follow safety guidelines and wear personal protective
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.