Career opportunities at Methodist Health System
SVC SPECIALIST GRAPHICS/MAIL
- Job Title
- SVC SPECIALIST GRAPHICS/MAIL
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX 75203
- Other Location
Hours of Work : 7:30 PM - 4 PM
Days Of Week : M-F
This position is responsible for the production of forms and other printed materials in a timely manner as a result of customer requests. This position is responsible for ensuring that all PR standards are adhered to on all printed materials and that the most current approved version of the form is being produced. This position also processes incoming and outgoing US mail. This position is required to operate and maintain digital high speed production copiers and postage equipment within the Graphics and Transportation/Mailroom department in a responsible manner. This position must be able to interact with customers in a professional, customer-friendly manner in a fast-paced environment and be able to assess, accurately record and respond to customer needs. This includes the production of printed materials, checking driver schedules, contacting and dispatching drivers for stat deliveries.
Your Job Requirements:
• High school graduate or equivalent
• 2-3 or more years' of work related experience in a copy center environment
• Knowledgeable and experienced in the operation of copiers, drills, cutters, laminators and mail equipment.
• Is able to communicate in a professional manner in English with all levels of individuals both orally and in writing. Strong spelling and grammar skills.
• Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple demands simultaneously
• Demonstrates good customer service skills.
• Demonstrates initiative, is a self starter.
• Knowledgeable about and follows safety measures.
• Able to follow directions.
• Flexible and adaptable.
Your Job Responsibilities:
• Operates digital high speed production black and white copier and digital production color copier to produce quality print jobs in timelines that are provided. Operates and maintains computer for digital printing and storage of forms and other printed materials. Performs minor maintenance on equipment as necessary.
• Finishes printed materials including but not limited to padding, hole punching, trimming, laminating, folding using power cutter and drill. During Supervisor's absence, purchases standard supplies and answers questions in order to maintain established department inventory and prioritizes work to provide prompt and efficient service.
• Processes charges for print job as completed.
• Demonstrates proficient knowledge of internal requesting, delivery, mailing, transportation and dispatch procedures. Dispatches drivers in response to customer requests, including pick-ups and returns, prioritizing requests to meet timelines.
• Prepares and processes incoming and outgoing mail.
• Maintains a neat and safe work environment. Utilizes equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Leaves work area at the end of shift in an orderly manner.
• Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability and performs other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System is a highly revered, leading nonprofit healthcare organization in Dallas, Texas. Named one of the fastest-growing health systems in America by Modern Healthcare, Methodist includes 13 hospitals, either through ownership or affiliation. Our wholly owned and full-service hospitals include Methodist Dallas, Methodist Charlton, Methodist Mansfield, Methodist Midlothian, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers; Methodist Richardson – Campus for Continuing Care; and, our newest, Methodist Southlake Medical Center. Our affiliated physician organization is Methodist Medical Group, which includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic, and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. At Methodist, we strive to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Charlton, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson
150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare nine years in a row by Becker’s Hospital Review
Military Friendly® Employer, Silver Designation
One of three Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S., 2019
Ranked No. 2 on DiversityInc’s List of Top Hospitals and Health Systems in America, 2018
Our Care Commitments
Take Care of Patients
Take Care of Each Other
Take Care of Ourselves
Take Care of Methodist